Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

If there was any bet, I think they'd probably opt out for US and not Get Out, Get Out has been put on the backburner a lot, so I could see them bringing US since they'd probably want to do something like but the one thing is how would they pull it off after seeing that film, I do hope they try to give it justice or something, I'm guessing it would not be at Hollywood because of the thing with Murdy and Jason?

The only one of those points I specifically said about this IP was that it's relevant for this year.

I've said Yeti wouldn't be cold. But I'll add the house is said to have "more snow than any house prior." So temperature has nothing to do with theme.

I'm not sure where that last point came from.

Sorry to dwell on this further, but I want to clarify this:

In your opinion, will this property lose significant relevance in pop culture after this year?

See, now we're in a no-win scenario. There will be disappointment now.

Just piggybacking your comment it’s disappointing too for everyone that did find out about it and just wanted to allow it to come out the way it should have-by Universal announcing this one themselves.

It’s also disappointing that even when there’s an announcement only yesterday, it’s still not enough-people just have to rain on the parade.

I think that is how Universal views the situation.

Can’t promote a sequel the year after it comes out of its It.

I don’t think it’s Black Christmas since Legacy mentioned Murdy did something to get Jason Blum annoyed with Universal, and it wouldn’t be Conjuring Universe since the only recent entries were 2 Annabelle’s, La Llorona, and The Nun. Scream hasn’t had anything in the last 8 years and Us would be from this year, not the past 2.

My bet is It or Us since those would be only ones “relevant” to this year only.

I think that is how Universal views the situation.

EDIT - To clarify, the zeitgeist is fluid. An anniversary year has more cultural relevance than a random "not divisible by 5" year.

That would explain bringing the Ghostbuster house since it's the 35th anniversary this year. Is the new IP also celebrating an anniversary or are you just giving an example?

ETA: Alien and Phantasm are both celebrating their 40th this year

Movie Anniversaries 2019: From Pulp Fiction to Easy Rider | Collider

Last edited:
I'm still hoping for Creepshow, I mean if there was a perfect opportunity it'd be for now to have make a Creepshow house and especially for the show happens too, if it has to be a shared ip that's still fine but the house would be awesome to see at our event this year.

That would explain bringing the Ghostbuster house since it's the 35th anniversary this year. Is the new IP also celebrating an anniversary or are you just giving an example?

ETA: Alien and Phantasm are both celebrating their 40th this year

Movie Anniversaries 2019: From Pulp Fiction to Easy Rider | Collider

The new IP has to be fairly recent since it’s range from 2017-2019. Alien would be awesome but Disney killed it and Phantasm might be a bit cult since we already have Corpses + Klowns

Edit - Idk if Creepshow is big enough to kick off a property though. Hollywood’s had it for a while and it’s not exactly a “big” IP

I’m wondering if it’s something that big considering Tooth Fairy was already designed and built. Now it’s just an IP overlay of an original house. Doubt A&D would want to do that for a big IP like It or Us.

I’m wondering if it’s something that big considering Tooth Fairy was already designed and built. Now it’s just an IP overlay of an original house. Doubt A&D would want to do that for a big IP like It or Us.

Was it though? Aren't SS houses the last to be built since there can still be productions up till the time they absolutely need the space?