Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Maybe we should just do what we should've done in the first place and just let things flow the way they should.

We already got an announcement a few days ago and now we know that Tooth Fairy is canned, that's already a big news week. While yeah, confirmation of an IT, Us, or Pumpkinhead house would be cool in the moment, what would be the point if the next thing that comes out of someone is "Yeah, but what's next?".

It already wasn't supposed to be known about, I think it'd be kinda neat to be surprised by an announcement. We haven't gotten to do that since Blood Pit.

Are we forgetting Hill House? Please be Hill House please be Hill House please be Hill House.

I really don't think that Us will make a good house at all!
I think that rumor died last year, everyone thought it was going to happen and I think that will be on the backburner for awhile especially since Stranger Things has been big money maker for HHN

I think that rumor died last year, everyone thought it was going to happen and I think that will be on the backburner for awhile especially since Stranger Things has been big money maker for HHN

Such a shame. HHN shouldn't solely focus on only one big IP rather try and grow and appeal to a wider audience with every year. It's totally doable. -sigh-

Such a shame. HHN shouldn't solely focus on only one big IP rather try and grow and appeal to a wider audience with every year. It's totally doable. -sigh-
Yeah but I don't think a lot of people were really on the hype train for Haunting as they were for Stranger Things, I mean don't get me wrong the show is good but there was so much more to work with Stranger Things, now Season 2 coming this year, I wonder what other stuff they will feature in the house and knowing that the Starcourt Mall will be featured in the season 3 portion, I wonder if they'll give us a peek into the house later on with a teaser video like they did last year.

I'd imagine Hill House's rights are a bit of a tangle, given the fact that Amblin and Paramount made it and Netflix distributed it (Also not sure how the rights for the OG books work). There's a second season coming out 2020, so if it's coming anytime, it's coming then.

They're not focusing on one IP. I mean, the commercial concept highlights FOUR IPs.
I know that. Pedro had sorta suggested that Stranger Things would've been chosen over Hill House because of being the money maker IP. I was just saying why choose one, why not both. But I know that's probably not the reason. Just speaking hypothetically.

I know that. Pedro had sorta suggested that Stranger Things would've been chosen over Hill House because of being the money maker IP. I was just saying why choose one, why not both. But I know that's probably not the reason. Just speaking hypothetically.

If ST beat out Hill House for anything, I would maybe guess it was more Netflix not wanting to shoot a full HHN wad by doing two high potential house concepts. Or...they (A&D) just didn't wanna do it this year. Sometimes it's that simple.

If ST beat out Hill House for anything, I would maybe guess it was more Netflix not wanting to shoot a full HHN wad by doing two high potential house concepts. Or...they (A&D) just didn't wanna do it this year. Sometimes it's that simple.

They're also doing another season of Hill House, so it would make sense to tie into a second season at a later date for some synergy (if they're interested in Hill House coming to HHN at all).

I mean if Hill House is still in their cards, I could see them pulling it off after season 2 and when it happens they'll probably be onto season 3 by then when it comes to the event, pretty much what Universal is doing with Stranger Things.

Sooo we thinking IT, Us, or GoT? Kinda confused on which ip is which.

Pretty sure that's the intention, lol.

It's something that's "only gonna be relevant this year," so that slices it down a whole bunch. Us, IT, GoT are up there, and my money's on GoT for now, but I'd be totally fine if it's a weird curveball like Doctor Sleep (I think the Stephen King factor might be less relevant after WB did their IT house)