Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 371 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, this has been a serious curveball to say the least. Was having dinner with my family to celebrate my mother's birthday and decided I would see what was going on here and...well...I certainly had a funny look on my face.

Can't complain though, it's nice having a big surprise like this. Excellent curveball, I must say.

Whatever the IP is I’m just glad it’s a pretty modern property. I like the IP lineup this year but aside from Stranger Things the IPs are relatively older

For now I’m just gonna stick to Us, but I’m just gonna wait till the announcements. Whatever it is I’m betting it’ll be either a clown, someone in a red jumpsuit, or a Bent Neck Lady in the 4th marketing spot.

Reactions: Kadath
Is there still going to be another announcement this week, and do we think it will be this mystery IP?

As much as I liked Us, I don’t think it’s particularly big enough for Universal to drop everything to secure. Personally, i think it would a scare zone better and would prefer to see It this year!

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
The guy who originally leaked this change saying that the IP is only relevant this year makes me think that IT is out. Pennywise is almost as timeless a horror icon as Jason or Freddy. You could do a house based on IT next year, or in 5 years and nobody would bat an eye.
I think the new IP is more likely to be Us. I dont see that having much longevity in the public consciousness beyond a few twins dressing up for Halloween this year.

Edit: You know what, after thinking about it, him saying the new IP is 'only relevant this year' could be in reference to WB not doing their own haunt thing this year, allowing Universal to use IT this year only.

Either option sounds good to me honestly, and I am enjoying a bit of the 'unknown' once again in our speculation for 29!

Last edited:
If It's US, it'll definitely be an interesting house, the movie is good, I'd take this house than another Purge house tbh and it'd be better than The Horrors Of Blumhouse last year, so I'm hoping they do good with it but if it is any other ip, I wouldn't mind it either, definitely gonna sit back and see this unfold. :)

Regardless of whichever IP is being transferred in, how do the logistics work when changes happen this late in the game?
Do they have backup maze treatments designed that they switch out or do they take the existing set for the original and wedge the IP into it?
Even more curious if this was an IP released in the past few months then how do they get it fast-tracked to be done in time when surely build had commenced on the original and they haven't had this sitting on the shelf for a while?
Who makes the final call to do the switch?

Apologies for the spam of questions but I'm more interested in the behind the scenes than playing guess who