Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Regardless of whichever IP is being transferred in, how do the logistics work when changes happen this late in the game?
Do they have backup maze treatments designed that they switch out or do they take the existing set for the original and wedge the IP into it?
Even more curious if this was an IP released in the past few months then how do they get it fast-tracked to be done in time when surely build had commenced on the original and they haven't had this sitting on the shelf for a while?
Who makes the final call to do the switch?

Apologies for the spam of questions but I'm more interested in the behind the scenes than playing guess who
Some of these, I'll answer after the house is announced (because they're situation specific). But, from my understanding, A&D is rushing a house from scratch - not adapting.

I think the “only relevant this year” part of Legacy’s post refers to the offer being a one time take it now or leave it forever shot at using this IP, not that the IP is only relevant for this year. If it’s the former, I’m on team IT. If the latter... then I grudgingly agree with US. I could also see it being Scream or Hellraiser bc speculation is fun!

If It's US, it'll definitely be an interesting house, the movie is good, I'd take this house than another Purge house tbh and it'd be better than The Horrors Of Blumhouse last year, so I'm hoping they do good with it but if it is any other ip, I wouldn't mind it either, definitely gonna sit back and see this unfold. :)

If the primary theme of US is that people are chased/killed by doppelgängers, I don’t understand how this translates well to a house. You will not be able to leverage the primary theme at all unless you are casting twins and the attendees simply watch US-like scenes vs actually being part of the US story.

If they aren’t using the doppelgänger aspect, then it’s just random people doing stuff in a house that looks like rooms used in the US movie. Hardly even “US” at that point.

Seems underwhelming. Please convince me I’m wrong.

If the primary theme of US is that people are chased/killed by doppelgängers, I don’t understand how this translates well to a house. You will not be able to leverage the primary theme at all unless you are casting twins and the attendees simply watch US-like scenes vs actually being part of the US story.

If they aren’t using the doppelgänger aspect, then it’s just random people doing stuff in a house that looks like rooms used in the US movie. Hardly even “US” at that point.

Idk, I think The Exorcist is more terrifying for a parent, but that doesn't make it any less terrifying as a maze. Tbh, outside of the initial shock factor of having the doppels, the whole conceit kinda took a backseat as the movie went along. I think more people remember the scissors and jumpsuits and Hands Across America chain rather than the doppelganger thing, creepy as it was.

Isn’t that most IP houses though? From Universal’s POV we’re just walking through the movie and seeing what happens recreated.

Off the top of my head they start on the Dark Ride, go to Adelaide’s house, go to the other family’s house, Forest sequence, Boardwalk, and then finish in the bunker or have a Hands Across America finale.

I wouldn’t even be surprised if it’s actually US. A couple months ago Jordan Peele was on Seth Myers night show and mentioned how he pitched an idea for a Get Out attraction at Universal and that he’s still waiting for their response. Yes, he was laughing about with Seth as a joke but he also mentioned how close he works with Universal Pictures.

Y'know, i dont think its hill house simply for the fact that making the sets for hill house will take a longer time than say Us.

I didn’t get an email notification for this thread yesterday and then I just decide to check on my own and what an explosion!

If they think the tooth fairy concept is good enough, they can always bring it back in the future. Looking forward to seeing what this mystery actually is.

I like the idea of US and there really is two ways they can go with it;

1. Keep it simple, random settings; the lake, the house, the fun house etc with scare actors in boiler suits.

2. Fully immersive trippy house, a mixture of normal people and their doubles in boiler suites attacking each other.

This could be an incredible house however being a late addition I feel number 1 is more likely.

If it is US I can see why Universal might think it will work, in the movie the white families dopp. also try’s to kill the Black family. So it can be any other slasher house. On the other hand the main point of US is “you kill you”. Out of all the other dopp. only the one families dopp. tried to kill others, the rest stood in a line holding hand for Hands Across America and they tried to kill them bc they got in the way. So if the do it it won’t really be US(they could do the red outfit with a glove and scissors but without the “you kill you” it won’t feel like US to me).

All I will say is remember Universal pays attention to the leaks and rumors. If it is IT there is no way they would let that leak. That would be a huge win for them! I could even see them going as far as leaking a false code word just to throw people off. I will believe US or IT whenever this replacement is announced. Until then, anything is up in the air. Also, they probably have known for longer than most people realize that this would happen so I personally am not worried about the scenic. Remember when they put that church up overnight a couple years back?

So we’re really running with Us?
It's dangerous to run with Scissors.
Also, they probably have known for longer than most people realize that this would happen so I personally am not worried about the scenic. Remember when they put that church up overnight a couple years back?
That church was built off-site over about four months time. It was assembled in two nights.