Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It already got millions worth of new, lighter trains from Kumbak, I think they're done investing money into that hot garbage. The land would make for a really nice Hyperion style layout though with onboard audio ;). Let's get through multilaunched Intamin #2 first.

It was mentioned earlier that you could see some single spine pieces on the lot like Hyperion's track. That coaster does use both single and double spine pieces and a good example of that is on the dive loop element in this video at the 1:58 mark. Its also in the thumbnail image.
This ride happens to have black track too lol

It’s super ugly. At least the JP coaster will have sexy curves. HRRR is clunky and over supported for what it is.
Yep! Tear the damn thing down and start from scratch. It’s rough as hell and a sight for sore eyes. Does anyone else think the technology is showing its age too? There’s nothing really that appealing or revolutionary about it nowadays. Is the video even HD?

B&M track and supports are the cream of the crop. Aesthetically pleasing and minimalistic. Intamins are probably second best, IMO. So I’m about 100% sure the new JP coaster will look better than HRRR. If it doesn’t, Universal needs to just hang it up. Lol

So exciting to see the track!! The black and white color scheme only makes sense if they rebrand the “island” to Jurassic World. Those colors belong in JW and would look ridiculous in JP. I’m willing to eat crow though if I’m wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, haven’t posted in a long long time, hope everyone is well. I’ve been keeping an eye on the new Jurassic World ride in Hollywood, has there been any talk or confirmation of this coming to IOA maybe after the new coaster opens?

Hey everyone, haven’t posted in a long long time, hope everyone is well. I’ve been keeping an eye on the new Jurassic World ride in Hollywood, has there been any talk or confirmation of this coming to IOA maybe after the new coaster opens?

Talk? Yes. Confirmation? No.

I'd say it's likely, just by going off of how Uni often works, but nothing is confirmed

Talk? Yes. Confirmation? No.

I'd say it's likely, just by going off of how Uni often works, but nothing is confirmed
While I have heard the "if it does well it'll come to Orlando" line from a few folks, I think the crux of it might be that the Hollywood team is handling the JW conversion, and the Orlando team isn't going to agree to bring it here until they see how it performs, well, cause, it's not their project.

I get the sense that the Hollywood folks are attempting to prove their worth with this and the SLoP project. Once they do, which I have no doubt that they will, I bet we end up with both of those projects in Orlando eventually.

Of course, that's just my take on things.

While I have heard the "if it does well it'll come to Orlando" line from a few folks, I think the crux of it might be that the Hollywood team is handling the JW conversion, and the Orlando team isn't going to agree to bring it here until they see how it performs, well, cause, it's not their project.

I get the sense that the Hollywood folks are attempting to prove their worth with this and the SLoP project. Once they do, which I have no doubt that they will, I bet we end up with both of those projects in Orlando eventually.

Of course, that's just my take on things.

Yea, I've heard about Hollywood leading the project as well. But even with all that, just the way Universal operates, they almost never fail to clone attractions. I just don't see this not showing up in Orlando in some form

It's so exciting to see steel after years and years of false starts on various rumoured JP projects. Not to mention, the double spine Intamin track is probably the most aesthetically pleasing in the business now IMO, so will be excited to see such an ultra-modern addition to IOA. Looking forward to seeing this one go up :toast:

Question regarding the manufacture of roller coasters...

This roller coaster obviously has to fit in a certain area, but do companies like Intamin fully build a roller coaster like this at a test facility first so they are able to try it out and get dimensions and all the numbers/figures for it? Or do they just build what Universal asked for and ship it to them and hope everything fits and lines up properly?

Question regarding the manufacture of roller coasters...

This roller coaster obviously has to fit in a certain area, but do companies like Intamin fully build a roller coaster like this at a test facility first so they are able to try it out and get dimensions and all the numbers/figures for it? Or do they just build what Universal asked for and ship it to them and hope everything fits and lines up properly?
The latter. Granted with computer aided design, big mistakes when it comes to the coaster fitting in its designated space are rare

Status
Not open for further replies.