Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

She-Ra Meet & Greet Debuts in Lost Continent

I wonder if Comcast will shell out some cash to add a show if the walk around character gets good feedback.
The Trolls get extremely high guest ratings, have way more marketability and yet still no show/ride.

I wouldn't get too excited.

Ignoring the viability of She-Ra here, I don't agree with this take at all.
I totally agree with the part about it's easy for things to get lost. Netflix throws so much crap out there that i've given up trying to look for shows on Netflix and have found myself watching HBO way more often now, where it's generally quality over quantity.

I wonder if Comcast will shell out some cash to add a show if the walk around character gets good feedback.

It's probably some of the easiest and cheapest way to get direct feedback.

It's interesting to see the Universal and Netflix relationship develop.

As someone unfamiliar with this property, how popular truly is it? Popular enough to warrant a theme park attraction of some sort? Not discussing the quality of it since there seems to be fans, just don't know how strong the fandom is. Ive been thinking for a year or two Universal is going to take a risk with a Netflix property. Stranger Things ride is what Ive always wanted but Im down for this too, looks cool.

The Trolls get extremely high guest ratings, have way more marketability and yet still no show/ride.

I wouldn't get too excited.

I mean, that could also be another victim of the 3rd Park.

As someone unfamiliar with this property, how popular truly is it? Popular enough to warrant a theme park attraction of some sort? Not discussing the quality of it since there seems to be fans, just don't know how strong the fandom is. Ive been thinking for a year or two Universal is going to take a risk with a Netflix property. Stranger Things ride is what Ive always wanted but Im down for this too, looks cool.

She-Ra seems surprisingly popular. It helps that it services some super under served demographics

I feel the parks could use a few more things that appeal to girls. This could develop into something along those lines. I wonder if there will be an attempt to follow this up with some merchandise?

Real quick: I'm gonna assume most of y'all talking about the possibility of Masters of the Universe theming in the LC are from the time when that property was really big, namely the 80s. As a young, strapping Gen Z-er, I should point out that, so far, no references to the outer MOTU lore (He-Man, et al.) have been made in the Netflix She-Ra series. Right now, that's not as important of an IP to Mattel or DreamWorks as She-Ra, and until the Masters movie drops and is a proven success, well...

In particular based on the agreement made Dreamworks only has full rights to She-Ra not He-Man which is part of the reason why Netflix has pushed with She-Ra and why He-Man has not appeared and likely why he won't appear in the parks.

Its one of the few kid shows that crosses over with multiple underrepresented communities to include POCs, LGBTQIA, Development issues (One character is Autistic and others go through PTSD), and has the nostalgia from the orignal 80s cartoon. As for the popularity, its not Netflix"s Dreamworks most popular show (It's Boss Baby: Back in Business) but it does have a very active community and Mattel has been happy with toy sales from the show so that mean success.

As for theme park attraction, I think if they do it the way of the show, it can have a theme park attraction but essentially just a retheme of Sinbad and Poseidon as I know two episodes from the Netflix series that easily translate to both of those attractions (She-Ra and Catra in the First Ones Lair for Posedion and for Sinbad the final battle from Season 1) . Anything more won't do much and would be a waste of Universal money.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, I'm surprised they didn't do a Catra meet and greet when her character especially with the reboot is very much adored moreso than She-Ra.

So getting some background, this wasn't even pushed by Dreamworks but by Mike Aiello's team. After the costume was built in house by UOR, Dreamworks signed off and approved of the M&G.

Why was UOR A&D designing She-Ra costumes without Dreamworks involvement and what made them want this M&G in the first place? Maybe the rumors of the show coming to Sinbad did have truth behind it.

So getting some background, this wasn't even pushed by Dreamworks but by Mike Aiello's team. After the costume was built in house by UOR, Dreamworks signed off and approved of the M&G.

Why was UOR A&D designing She-Ra costumes without Dreamworks involvement and what made them want this M&G in the first place? Maybe the rumors of the show coming to Sinbad did have truth behind it.
I don't think you have to necessarily read into it as them having some ulterior motive to test for a show or something (although that would be great!). It could just be they thought it would be really cool to have a She-Ra M&G. If so they were right and it's a great example of allowing personal passion to drive what they do and the good things that come from that. It sounded like it was similar circumstances that created the Guy Diamond M&G.

Aren't they developing a show in partnership with Netflix?

It would be instant feedback if that were the case