Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s super ugly. At least the JP coaster will have sexy curves. HRRR is clunky and over supported for what it is.
I'm in the minority who actually thinks HRRR looks good, from the vertical lift to going through the building in NY. I would normally hate that kind of thing, but for whatever reason, I actually like it.
The ride itself, on the other hand, I hate with a passion. Instant headache. Only coaster Ive gone on that does that to me.

So exciting to see the track!! The black and white color scheme only makes sense if they rebrand the “island” to Jurassic World. Those colors belong in JW and would look ridiculous in JP. I’m willing to eat crow though if I’m wrong!
We don't know it will be black and white. Just black and something else. Could even be black and black for all we know.

While I have heard the "if it does well it'll come to Orlando" line from a few folks, I think the crux of it might be that the Hollywood team is handling the JW conversion, and the Orlando team isn't going to agree to bring it here until they see how it performs, well, cause, it's not their project.

I get the sense that the Hollywood folks are attempting to prove their worth with this and the SLoP project. Once they do, which I have no doubt that they will, I bet we end up with both of those projects in Orlando eventually.

Of course, that's just my take on things.
It's very different standards to me from what i can see between both parks. I've felt this way ever since i seen their raptor walk around with the feet exposed, like No dude.. High hopes for the ride to see what they got!

It's very different standards to me from what i can see between both parks. I've felt this way ever since i seen their raptor walk around with the feet exposed, like No dude.. High hopes for the ride to see what they got!
I think that's Entertainment though. Different department.

I like that Hollywood has the Nuclear Plant in their Simpsons though. Little touches from the creative side are nice.

I'm in the minority who actually thinks HRRR looks good, from the vertical lift to going through the building in NY. I would normally hate that kind of thing, but for whatever reason, I actually like it.
The ride itself, on the other hand, I hate with a passion. Instant headache. Only coaster Ive gone on that does that to me.

We don't know it will be black and white. Just black and something else. Could even be black and black for all we know.

Well hopefully they used all the extra black paint from USH so we won't have many black walls at this years HHN.

I think that's Entertainment though. Different department.

I like that Hollywood has the Nuclear Plant in their Simpsons though. Little touches from the creative side are nice.
Oh i thought that was their raptor encounter. So did they have a real raptor encounter and that was the meet n greet?

Oh i thought that was their raptor encounter. So did they have a real raptor encounter and that was the meet n greet?
No, you're right, that was Hollywood's Raptor Encounter. I'm just saying that both Orlando and Hollywood's Raptor Encounters are run by their respective Entertainment departments, not Creative.

I do appreciate that Orlando has been adamant about hiding the performers legs, of course, but that has nothing to do with the ride design teams.

No, you're right, that was Hollywood's Raptor Encounter. I'm just saying that both Orlando and Hollywood's Raptor Encounters are run by their respective Entertainment departments, not Creative.

I do appreciate that Orlando has been adamant about hiding the performers legs, of course, but that has nothing to do with the ride design teams.
WAIT. That's not a REAL dinosaur??

Just as I suspected, no footers yet. Probably the final nail in the coffin for the 2020/2021 speculation.

I don’t think it does. Hagrid took just under 18 months and that included the demolition of DC. This obviously won’t be anywhere near as complex so it could be done in 15months with a September 2020 opening if they wanted.

But all the evidence points to them not wanting it opened by then. Construction time isn’t the critical factor here.

I don’t think it does. Hagrid took just under 18 months and that included the demolition of DC. This obviously won’t be anywhere near as complex so it could be done in 15months with a September 2020 opening if they wanted.

But all the evidence points to them not wanting it opened by then. Construction time isn’t the critical factor here.
I wouldn't expect them to want it open anywhere from September-December. HHN is going on from Sept/Oct and Holidays Nov/Dec. No need for a new ride during that time. They might as well just hold onto it for Feb/March 2021 and package it together with JWRA as an entirely new land.

JPTIMELINE.png
Here's that timeline I mentioned earlier (click to make it readable). It was made back when I was still thinking 2020 and I haven't bothered changing it since then. It's basically the same as Hagrid's timeline but with shortened theming time. They're really gonna need to drag their feet to make 2021 unless they leave it sitting finished for a while.

I wouldn't expect them to want it open anywhere from September-December. HHN is going on from Sept/Oct and Holidays Nov/Dec. No need for a new ride during that time. They might as well just hold onto it for Feb/March 2021 and package it together with JWRA as an entirely new land.

The only thing that would maybe make Universal change their mind about the September - December time frame now is that there would be less rainfall and given that's been an issue for Hagrids opening in the summer, it might be something to reconsider but opening it in early 2021, would also work.

Then again, the rain issue probably won't be anywhere near as big of an issue for 2 reasons: This won't be any where near as popular as Hagrid's and even with a raised attendance because of Hagrid's, far less people will be willing to ride because of the intensity.

The only thing that would maybe make Universal change their mind about the September - December time frame now is that there would be less rainfall and given that's been an issue for Hagrids opening in the summer, it might be something to reconsider but opening it in early 2021, would also work.

Then again, the rain issue probably won't be anywhere near as big of an issue for 2 reasons: This won't be any where near as popular as Hagrid's and even with a raised attendance because of Hagrid's, far less people will be willing to ride because of the intensity.
Look at the lines Hulk gets though. It's got the Jurassic IP behind it, too. I wouldn't be so sure that it won't have some crazy lines. Sure nothing like Hagrid, but honestly, few things do. I could easily see 1.5-2 hour waits most of the first few months after opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.