Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Where can I find the best...

Jun 25, 2019
Northern CA
So my wife and I are headed to the park this friday/saturday and wanted to ask this group of knowledgable ones some potentially obscure questions on where to find the best food/drinks on city walk and the park itself. Here it goes:
- Best Corn Dog (my wife loves them - do they have them anywhere?)
- Best Pretzel
- Best lunch - Everyone talks about Three broomsticks and, to be honest, i haven't waited on the lines, but all I see is the turkey leg....what else do they offer? Anywhere else you'd recommend?
- Best craft beer - yup, I am "that" guy who craves a beer better than the "lites". I don't mind Karl Strauss but is there anything that is akin to that in the park?

I think that covers it....see, not too needy.

Thanks in advance
Cheers

So my wife and I are headed to the park this friday/saturday and wanted to ask this group of knowledgable ones some potentially obscure questions on where to find the best food/drinks on city walk and the park itself. Here it goes:
- Best Pretzel
- Best lunch - Everyone talks about Three broomsticks and, to be honest, i haven't waited on the lines, but all I see is the turkey leg....what else do they offer? Anywhere else you'd recommend?
- Best craft beer - yup, I am "that" guy who craves a beer better than the "lites". I don't mind Karl Strauss but is there anything that is akin to that in the park?

Thanks in advance
Cheers

Jurassic cafe is really good. It is new and the menu has an island vibe. I personally think it is the best food in the park. but I am vegetarian so my options are limited.

Beer wise Simpsons has DUFF beer and Blue moon and Angel city IPA. The new Isla NU-Bar has few options including a mango blue moon and red strip lager. You will get other standard beer options in the park but I think Karl Strauss may be your best option for beer.

thanks - that's good intel! Duff it is! Wife will dig that mango BM as well.
Also it is frustrating trying to get food information from USH. Their website and App does not have any current menu listings. They do list Dietary lists which is nice if you have dietary restrictions but this is also out of date as Jurassic cafe has changed their menu. Dietary Food Guide - Universal Studios Hollywood

NBC Grill Brew, from what I recall a few years ago, had a really solid IPA selection. Included double and triple IPAs as well. Inside the park I'm not 100% positive, but Moe's or Duff brewer might be your best bet. Don't worry, Im picky about my beers as well!

Best lunch, Mythos. Hands down, no contest. Just in my opinion, but lunch OR dinner there once is a must. Enjoy your time!!!

NBC Grill Brew, from what I recall a few years ago, had a really solid IPA selection. Included double and triple IPAs as well. Inside the park I'm not 100% positive, but Moe's or Duff brewer might be your best bet. Don't worry, Im picky about my beers as well!

Best lunch, Mythos. Hands down, no contest. Just in my opinion, but lunch OR dinner there once is a must. Enjoy your time!!!

Wrong park. He's asking about Hollywood, not Orlando.

- Best Pretzel

Thanks in advance
Cheers
The only place I believe you will find corn dogs are on the lower lot next to the Mummy ride. The food stand is called Mummy Treats and they have a regular and spicy corn dog. For pretzels, I know the Springfield area has a stand called Suds McDuff’s Hot Dogs, and they sell pretzels there.

The only place I believe you will find corn dogs are on the lower lot next to the Mummy ride. The food stand is called Mummy Treats and they have a regular and spicy corn dog. For pretzels, I know the Springfield area has a stand called Suds McDuff’s Hot Dogs, and they sell pretzels there.
thank you VERY MUCH