Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Needs to replace Metallica. I actually think Creepshow could make for an excellent house, and I love that it's on the esoteric side—scratches the same itch Trick r Treat did last year. A house based on Metallica's music is low-rent, state fair material.

I just read through most of the hullabaloo on the Orlando forum and I didn't see anything that led me to believe it was definitely IT. Right now it could be IT, GOT, US, The Purge vs The Walking Dead, Dolls, Match Game with Alec Baldwin or Krampus II - Electric Boogaloo.

I just read through most of the hullabaloo on the Orlando forum and I didn't see anything that led me to believe it was definitely IT. Right now it could be IT, GOT, US, The Purge vs The Walking Dead, Dolls, Match Game with Alec Baldwin or Krampus II - Electric Boogaloo.
My money is on the Match Game.

I’m just glad Metallica isn’t coming this year if that’s the case. Could’ve been fun but definitely not my type and I think 3 music mazes is too much for 1 year
I don't think Holidayz and Monsters really count as music mazes just because they have a featured musician, for it to be a true music maze the material has to be designed around the music, rather than the other way around.

Maybe it wasn't ever Metallica?

EDIT: wait this is a new addition, so probably not. Still, I'm sure they can file it away for future usage right?
Ever since Metallica joined the lineup I was a bit iffy on it too. I have a feeling Metallica was never happening, but really hope it does. Depending what IP it is, I wouldnt mind of Metallica is out. Also I don't think Murdy mentioned Metallica as music mazes he always wanted to do?

TBH I still don't feel comfortable telling people to see it considering all the behind the scenes bull, but if it ever ends up on Netflix, you might as well.
Saw it as well and really enjoyed it and hate myself for it. They could have called it anything else, like Buddi Bear, and made that doll the “Chucky” with some homage thrown in so everyone understood it wasn’t meant to be a modernized ripoff.

Saw it as well and really enjoyed it and hate myself for it. They could have called it anything else, like Buddi Bear, and made that doll the “Chucky” with some homage thrown in so everyone understood it wasn’t meant to be a modernized ripoff.

Literally, outside of one or two lines and shots, it was basically an entirely separate movie. It looks like it's underperforming pretty badly at the box office, so it's not like the name even helped.

Back to HHN, I'm pretty sure we're not gonna know what the mystery IP is until it gets announced, pretty much, same as Titans of Terror. We're all so sure it's Us, but then, in 2017, we were sure it was Leatherface, and then it was the Thing, and only later it turned out to be ToT. So I'm just gonna wait it out, I think.

Needs to replace Metallica. I actually think Creepshow could make for an excellent house, and I love that it's on the esoteric side—scratches the same itch Trick r Treat did last year. A house based on Metallica's music is low-rent, state fair material.
Yea defintily kind of tired of big corprate metal being the go to for music mazes, would rather prefer more underground acts like Street Sects or even Machine Girl and Death Grips to a extent as those have more intersting ideas