Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 617 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the lines Hulk gets though. It's got the Jurassic IP behind it, too. I wouldn't be so sure that it won't have some crazy lines. Sure nothing like Hagrid, but honestly, few things do. I could easily see 1.5-2 hour waits most of the first few months after opening.

Oh yeah, everything so far indicates that this is going to be a huge hit. I can’t see anything topping the lines that Hagrid has had for a long time and that possibly includes Nintendo. Not that Nintendo couldn’t, especially Mario Kart but that’s going into a new park with multiple new experiences to enjoy.

I have no doubt that this will get better reviews than Hulk has.

They drilled and placed the footers a while back
Just nothing above ground yet
Those were piles, they have to have pile caps excavated, formed, poured and cured before they can begin going vertical. Pile caps are more along the lines of traditonal "footers" that everyone is used to seeing.

We've got +/- 2 months before they cam go vertical from the time they begin pile caps. An aerial from bio would be very telling.

It's pretty simple. The project will take as long as they want it to. Sure, it could be done faster. Sure, they could open it next year. But, do they want to?

I feel like we go through this same conversation monthly.
This is copy and paste for Disney as well. Yes, they could build much fast, they just don't want to for their own specified reasons.

I think it will do well, but i wouldn't expect Hagrid level crowds.
I don't think we should ever "expect" a ride to have Hagrid crowds. Mario/Nintendo could possibly come close in Japan. Remember the wait that USJ had simply for The Flying Dinosaur? If a ride like that gets 7-8 hour crowds, I expect Mario and the gang to get real close to Hagrid considering how big Nintendo is in Japan.

Here in the US, however, I don't know of anything that will have Hagrid-like crowds on the current slate that we know of. Nintendo is opening along with a new park here as @Scott W. said, so that makes the overall crowds to one specific area less. So yeah, Hagrid is not a good measuring stick for anything :lol:

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
I don't think we should ever "expect" a ride to have Hagrid crowds. Mario/Nintendo could possibly come close in Japan. Remember the wait that USJ had simply for The Flying Dinosaur? If a ride like that gets 7-8 hour crowds, I expect Mario and the gang to get real close to Hagrid considering how big Nintendo is in Japan.

Here in the US, however, I don't know of anything that will have Hagrid-like crowds on the current slate that we know of. Nintendo is opening along with a new park here as @Scott W. said, so that makes the overall crowds to one specific area less. So yeah, Hagrid is not a good measuring stick for anything :lol:
For sure. Plus Potter (Hagrid) brings in plenty of attendance. I'd guess the JP coaster will get a bump, but just low single digits....unless of course they do the whole gig with a JPRA redo, land redo to JW etc. in conjunction with the coaster. That could bring a high single digit increase. Potter always has the potential for double digits. Not much else can do that.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Look at the lines Hulk gets though. It's got the Jurassic IP behind it, too. I wouldn't be so sure that it won't have some crazy lines. Sure nothing like Hagrid, but honestly, few things do. I could easily see 1.5-2 hour waits most of the first few months after opening.

An interesting talking point could be: what is this going to do to Hulk crowds?
It certainly will make it smaller, but noticeable of negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.