Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

Everyone seems to forget they also denied the ToT/Guardians rumor, until D23 came around....

Again - Tom is not the easiest to root for, but this is all very reminiscent of pre-D23 2017- and he came out of the event undefeated.
Yea, I think like the only thing he was wrong about then was Tron's location by a couple hundred feet. Otherwise, as weird as some of it sounded, he was spot on.

Everyone seems to forget they also denied the ToT/Guardians rumor, until D23 came around....

Again - Tom is not the easiest to root for, but this is all very reminiscent of pre-D23 2017- and he came out of the event undefeated.

Remember they said the birds aren’t leaving. So the show could be totally revamped with a new name, plot, and songs and Tom would be right.

Tom is right enough Disney’s spending a lot of money building a case against him to either ban from the parks or sue.

That is still a quite remarkable post from the Parks blog, though. I don't know that I've ever seen Disney so publicly dedicate an entire post to shooting down (albeit with some wiggle room) a rumor that only just started to get traction.

It's a little different than being asked to comment on a rumor and replying with "We currently have no plans..." This is proactive.

I'd be surprised if both the Bears and Birds got the axe in one D23 Panel. They know if they announce that to a room of theme park fans, they'll get booed like when the original New Fantasyland plans were announced.

If this is going to happen, it will be a direct-to-DPB announcement.

Sidenote: I'm quite surprised that Disney had already responded to something that I didn't even know was a rumor before opening this thread. They really are trying to get Tom it would seem.

Of all the legacy attractions at MK, Tiki and Country Bears are the least of Disney's worries when it comes to replacements. Speedway is my first thought and maybe even Tom Sawyer could provide enough space for anything Disney needs.

I love the "idea" of the Tiki Room, but I think I'm the only person on Earth who preferred "Under New Management" to the original lol.

If they close down either CBJ or Tiki for a retheme when Stitch is literally sitting vacant and there’s plenty of expansion land, then they goofed.

That’s not even mentioning the major redo that Space Mountain needs.
They have to pay for all the money Disneyland is losing....Instead of 'Thanks Shanghai' it's 'Thank's Anaheim'.......;)...Just joking.:lol:.. but at Chapek's expense