Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting.... that sounds cool. Also two originals this year? Amazing!
Not excited about two originals, to be honest. Just doesn't feel like Hollywood HHN to me. And I get that there's a precedent and everything but it's just not why I go to this event. I would take two IPs based on things I actively dislike than two originals, ESPECIALLY when one original is something we've already experienced.

Really hoping Pandora's Box is another rumor or smokescreen that gets replaced with an IP.

Reactions: chris.g
Not excited about two originals, to be honest. Just doesn't feel like Hollywood HHN to me. And I get that there's a precedent and everything but it's just not why I go to this event. I would take two IPs based on things I actively dislike than two originals, ESPECIALLY when one original is something we've already experienced.

Really hoping Pandora's Box is another rumor or smokescreen that gets replaced with an IP.

Here’s the thing - the event has to offer variety. There’s been a craving in Hollywood for some original content. If the rumors are true, you have an 8/2 split. It’s still an IP heavy event - and you may even like the original houses. Don’t write it off just yet!

It's Greek Mythology about a Box that holds all of the evils of the world in it.
Pandora's Box is classic Greek mythology, around a pot / box that contains all evil in the world. So basically, I'm presuming this gonna be your guys' variation on Orlando's Hades from years back.

Guys, guys, hear me out:

What if Pandoras Box is a secret adaptation of this book:
220px-The_Girl_with_All_the_Gifts.jpg

I'm only somewhat joking. The name comes from Pandora (it means "girl with every gift" in greek). It's like the Last of Us with waves of fast zombies.

easier to keep the budget down if its set in the modern day, less brand new set pieces and props you have to make from scratch

Bingo. House walls are just plywood with paint. objects you find in a house can probably be found in a thrift store. Acropolis walls and greek urns have to be custom made if they're gonna be convincing.

If pandoras box is actually whats coming, which I'm a bit skeptical of, I could see it being more of an overall greek myth based maze with Pandoras Box as the main plot element. Pandoras box on its own doesnt seem to have a lot to work with.

If pandoras box is actually whats coming, which I'm a bit skeptical of, I could see it being more of an overall greek myth based maze with Pandoras Box as the main plot element. Pandoras box on its own doesnt seem to have a lot to work with.

I mean...Pandora's Box literally has all evil in it. It's literally a giant plot device.

They could take a page from the new Annabelle and involve Charon, with a bunch of corpses with coins over their eyes. That might be cool.

Something tells me though that it's not gonna be literally Pandora's Box, but some kind of 80s metal concept album thing with Pandora's Box as a shorthand. I feel like Metal is really big on those kinds of non-literal titles. Plus, it fits with Murdy's tweets about a female icon (the "Pandora") and possibly needing a rap to explain the backstory (Or a concept album, as it were).

Im okay with it. Like what Brian G said, it offers variety to the lineup which is whats making it great so far.

Here’s the thing - the event has to offer variety. There’s been a craving in Hollywood for some original content. If the rumors are true, you have an 8/2 split. It’s still an IP heavy event - and you may even like the original houses. Don’t write it off just yet!
You make a great point -- we're actually getting more IPs this year than we did last year, and having two extra originals is a cool bonus. I should probably just admit to being greedy lol. Murdy and the team just do some incredible things with IPs, so it's kinda like "the more, the merrier." And plus, I attend either Knott's or Dark Harbor every year for Halloween, too, and I definitely segment those and the HHN experience: Knott's/Dark Harbor for originals, HHN for IPs. But I also get that not everybody approaches things that way. Originals have a place at HHN, even if I prefer IPs.

1 - ghostbusters...do i even have to say anything?
2 - frankenstein meets the wolfman, the classic are always gud in my book
3 - creepshow, this has TONS of potential
4 - stranger things, im a fan of the show and i think there's tons of things they can do with season 2 and 3
5 - holidayz, based on the panel it seems to be really gud, but it could fail to
6 - (unkown i.p), if what im hearing is correct, this could be a good maze tbh
7 - killer klowns, i NEVER seen the movie, but it could be a fun maze
8 - house of 1000 corpses, we already did this, but it could improve 2010's for all i know.
9 - pandoras box, could be good, could be bad
10000000 - walking dead