Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I'm going to attempt it on Sunday. I haven't heard too many people talking about the single rider line and if/how much it shaves off the wait time. I know it is all hit and miss with down times and everything but can anybody suggest a general strategy(time of day, single rider, etc)? Thanks.
A friend of mine jumped in the single rider line after a storm a little while back and got on the ride within 45 minutes. When I tried single riders, it was a 2 hour wait and I got on just before the people who were behind me in standby. It all depends on how long the line is and if you want to see the queue.

I'm going to attempt it on Sunday. I haven't heard too many people talking about the single rider line and if/how much it shaves off the wait time. I know it is all hit and miss with down times and everything but can anybody suggest a general strategy(time of day, single rider, etc)? Thanks.

When I went, single rider wasn't open. You don't reach the branch off until pretty far into the queue...once you pass it, the exterior queue passes around it again outside before you reach the interior queue. At that point, they re-opened single, and I asked the guy who was waiting if it was worth it and he said it was taking forever, complete standstill, even with the ride running.

Singles always seems to be hit or miss.

I waited 110 minutes in the single rider queue the other day on a posted 180 minute stand-by. About 45-50 minutes were due to technical difficulties though, so if you catch it at the right time (when it's running smooth), you'll breeze past stand-by.

In terms of queue, it’s behind FJ, Gringotts; tied with HE - London; ahead of HE - Hogsmeade, Hippogryph.
What I saw of the queue seemed fairly generic - almost like the ride could've been in Lost Continent.

The queue definitely isn't worth an extended wait by any means. Check it out on a slow day down the road or something maybe imo. I may just be bored of Universal's usage of the Musion Effect in queues though. There's nothing really unique about its use in this pre-show whatsoever and the rest of the queue is whatever. It's really one of the only "complaints" I could have with this ride as of now, if I were to nitpick.

Pre-Show is cool, and there is a neat lighting effect in the windows to simulate sunlight

Otherwise, it's skippable

I'm surprised they didn't do anything interactive with this queue, I suppose they thought it would continuously be moving?

Hi guys! In new here. I’m Chris. I’ve been on Hagrids 8 times since it’s open and am a huge fan and can’t wait for this to be fully operational. I’m hearing from a lot of people riding it the past couple days that’s it’s been much more reliable, but also that they are only running 3 trains. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Hi guys! In new here. I’m Chris. I’ve been on Hagrids 8 times since it’s open and am a huge fan and can’t wait for this to be fully operational. I’m hearing from a lot of people riding it the past couple days that’s it’s been much more reliable, but also that they are only running 3 trains. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Welcome to the Forums of IU. :thumbsup:

I have no information but based on the reported wait times I can’t see that being done with 3 trains only.

They were only running 3 after it went down briefly last night. I also timed how long it takes for a train to make a complete circuit at the current belt speed. Its somewhere between 5.20 and 5.30 which means each train can run approximately 11 circuits per hour. With only 3 trains that's 450 and hour, 6 is 900ish and with 12 ~1800. That also translates to a dispatch time of 27.5 seconds if running 12.

They were only running 3 after it went down briefly last night. I also timed how long it takes for a train to make a complete circuit at the current belt speed. Its somewhere between 5.20 and 5.30 which means each train can run approximately 11 circuits per hour. With only 3 trains that's 450 and hour, 6 is 900ish and with 12 ~1800. That also translates to a dispatch time of 27.5 seconds if running 12.
Y'know, would anyone actually have a problem if they were backed up by the unicorn? I wouldn't mind waiting on the motorcycle and listening to the music.

I’ve been backed up before right by the unicorns. We hit the brakes right before that spot and Hagrid finished talking by the time we got to the brakes in front of the unicorns. There’s not much music after that so it’s kind of silent besides the audio actually coming from the animatronics.

People are claiming wait times are only around 2 hours. Not sure it’s possible they’re only running 3 trains during the day if that’s the case. I know they were the other night after a weather delay though

People are claiming wait times are only around 2 hours. Not sure it’s possible they’re only running 3 trains during the day if that’s the case. I know they were the other night after a weather delay though
They’ve been running 5 or 6 during the day. 3 at end of the night isn’t unusual.

They even tried 7 again the other day, but it did not go well and caused downtime. 6 is still the most that runs well for now.

I think we have heard of them yanking trains from the track prior to this... I just find it odd that they need to be pulled during operation at all and this soon.

Responding to @Teebin here as it probably should go in this thread.

They've also been closing the queue for "capacity" around 7 most nights, seemingly. So it's not surprising they're decreasing the trains. Something on them is probably wearing out quicker than they anticipated, so they're decreasing the load on them

Pre-Show is cool, and there is a neat lighting effect in the windows to simulate sunlight

Otherwise, it's skippable

I'm surprised they didn't do anything interactive with this queue, I suppose they thought it would continuously be moving?
I’m not surprised. None of the other Potter rides have any interactive elements.

is there any possible way that this will ever get fixed or is it starting to look like 6 is going to be it for quite sometime. I’m just glad it’s been running much more reliable.