Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ride ops also have not been told an actual opening date. Apparently it went from an mid june opening to 1 week from today to whenever it can open. They are selling express passes for HHN that include Jurassic world. So safe to say its opening this month! Obviously haha

Reactions: BriefCasey
Its a ticket package for the Fan HHN night on september 12th, so at least we know its opening before then haha

It's also a "Special Express" ticker offer for those who want a One-Time Express use on JW without having to spend the money on a Universal Express ticket for the night of the event.

__

At this point, I am not going to be shocked if they just stealthbomb the opening date with a media event/fan event in the coming two weeks for JW.

Reactions: Clive
Did anyone notice that the behind the scenes vid is gone all of a sudden? O_O
I didn't catch it when it was still uploaded, but it's around on other channels if you filter by upload date.

I'm just curious as to why it was removed, because aside from the quick glimpse of the animatronics, there wasn't any major information in there that wasn't speculated or confirmed already.

I'm curious, judging from the bts video, are the Dilo and the para updated sculpts? Went as far as analyzing the arms on the dilo since they were much more chubby then the original SWS animatronic. The arms on the dilo seen in that video could go either way. So im at a loss.

Lets talk about REXY! Do we think that the T-Rex will be a new AA? or just a new skin on the old AA? It seems like universal is updating all the dinosaurs and I don't think the old T-Rex would look good against the new Indominus rex. Any ideas?

Lets talk about REXY! Do we think that the T-Rex will be a new AA? or just a new skin on the old AA? It seems like universal is updating all the dinosaurs and I don't think the old T-Rex would look good against the new Indominus rex. Any ideas?
I'm hoping he's new over very updated, since I assume the Indominus Rex is going to be a top of the line Anamatronic.

I hope it is new as well, because the indominus rex looks fantastic and obviously screen accurate to the nose scales. The T-rex would not fit in. It was great for its time, but they can do much better now.

Reactions: Kevin McCane
Same here. Though by the looks of it, it doesn’t seem to look like either of the Rexes? It looks like it could be a quadruped if I’m not mistaken?
View attachment 10020
Upon further inspection I see a box in the background that says “More stegg”, so this could very well be a new Stegosaurus animatronic. :eek:

I think that box might say 'Mom Stegg' Looks like the Skeleton behind him is the Mother Stegosaurus, Pretty sure those rods sticking out of the top are supports for the armor plates. I could be totally wrong though as I have 0 knowledge when it comes to Animatronics.

I think it will be all new. If you look to the left, that could be the lower Jaw of Rexy. Seeing the base color is beige, I am pretty sure that isn't a second Indominus sculpt.

Attachments

• 0CD259E4-A8FB-4E5C-B782-0D95C1B3EA48.png
    0CD259E4-A8FB-4E5C-B782-0D95C1B3EA48.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they removed the video because someone realized you can’t use the in-world story point about having the “largest aquarium in the world,” while also showing that the dinosaurs are robots.

Either the attraction is fake. Or the attraction is real. Kinda weird to try to be both in one 2 min video.

The updates are slow today. I really thought there would be some kind of preview today. I can't figure out what the problem could be with the ride.

If anything, they should’ve said that the CG artists created this enormous aquarium ;) lol

Hey, well we're talking about the aquarium, i have some questions about that. Where exactly in the ride does the aquarium take place?

I mean, the natural answer is the first interior section after the lift hill but if the mosasaurus attacks the boat like the commercials suggest, wouldn't that ruin the tone as the ride transitions into the outdoor areas? Once again, i could be completely naive about this and it could already be common info but i don't see the harm in asking.

Reactions: belloq87
Status
Not open for further replies.