Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean MaxPass is unlimited (as “Unlimited” as fastpass can get) though, no? There’s not the 3-4 limit FP+ has
This is a Disneyland thread so I assumed we were talking west coast, but even still, if WDW were to introduce a MaxPass for WDW, then it's consistent with what is going on in Anaheim, Shanghai and Paris.

I'm not saying I see the worth at WDW, just saying I think it's a bit silly to say that - out of all things - THIS is what would be the final straw. Especially when a paid system already exists at multiple resorts.

(And to answer your question, the beginning amount of FP+ you can get is 3. But there is no limit after your third, even across parks. Much of the time if i'm going to the parks in the after noon, I schedule a bunch of FPs in the morning and the first real FP I actually care about as my third option so that I can continue to pick up FP+ all day from Tier 1.)

On a separate note, I do agree that Disney opening both the DL and DHS land in the same year is a bit of a mistake. I've seriously been thinking of doing a HHN/Knotts trip in September and while I don't know that i'll do it, I have zero plans to do Disneyland this time around as SW:GE will have just opened in Orlando. Beyond Spider-Man, there's not much to attract me in the coming years either as you guys are getting MMRR... which will have already opened in DHS by the time it opens there. The old-school Disneyland stuff is actually more alluring to me.

Reactions: Clive
It's clearly an outrageous joke, note the emois. No harm in lightening discussions up a bit. Humor takes the bitterness off the discussion. :lol: Lighten up dude.

Seriously right? Some people take everything so seriously.

That’s not really a deal. I don’t see any blocked passholders paying that price to get in for ONE day for the summer. This is only good if your pass is already unblocked and you want to bring someone who doesn’t have a pass.
I agree. I have a deluxe pass. At least unblock me on weekdays and I will come in and pay for food. But I am not paying $99. I can wait until my pass opens again.

From the way it's worded, APs can't even unblock themselves alone. They have to bring a friend with them so Disney gets at least $198 in ticket sales. This is another policy I can see them relaxing later if this new "deal" doesn't work out to their liking.

Just find someone in the ticket line and say, "Hey, do you want a park hopper for $99?" Boom, you're in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mad Dog
They already have - it's called MaxPass. And if memory serves correct, you really found value in it.

I do find great value in MaxPass and for me, I think DL is far better value than WDW.

This is a Disneyland thread so I assumed we were talking west coast, but even still, if WDW were to introduce a MaxPass for WDW, then it's consistent with what is going on in Anaheim, Shanghai and Paris.

I'm not saying I see the worth at WDW, just saying I think it's a bit silly to say that - out of all things - THIS is what would be the final straw. Especially when a paid system already exists at multiple resorts.

(And to answer your question, the beginning amount of FP+ you can get is 3. But there is no limit after your third, even across parks. Much of the time if i'm going to the parks in the after noon, I schedule a bunch of FPs in the morning and the first real FP I actually care about as my third option so that I can continue to pick up FP+ all day from Tier 1.)

This was more about WDW and I'm obviously posting in the wrong place.

If WDW bring in the rumoured paid for FP, similar to what DLP has:
5e1355e0244cbe99d92ef9f8174ba685.jpg

Which would also mean reducing the number of free FP available to the public, even less if you're not staying on site.

I do find great value in MaxPass and for me, I think DL is far better value than WDW.

This was more about WDW and I'm obviously posting in the wrong place.

If WDW bring in the rumoured paid for FP, similar to what DLP has:
5e1355e0244cbe99d92ef9f8174ba685.jpg

Which would also mean reducing the number of free FP available to the public, even less if you're not staying on site.
You're so fancy with your pounds...You think us Americans know how to convert that?

A good article on Mice Chat about the lack of crowds for GESWL thus far. They brought up some interesting points. Things, like entertainment, and lack of shade (shades of Toy Story Land) that I hope Disney re evaluates before my Nov. trip to DHS. Here's some of the highlight quotes from Mice Chat, after talking about how the lack of RotR opening is affecting the land........"But there's also the issue that word is out that the land isn't kid friendly"....."Reservations for the Cantina & light saber building experience become available on Disneyland.com and the app every morning at 7AM. So, if you miss out on that, and without any entertainment in the land, there's not a lot of things to do after you've ridden the Falcon"....".We hope they pull some of these (former SW) shows out of mothballs, or develop new ones, and get some entertainment and energy into this very dead feeling land soon"..."The other issue is that summer means heat, and there's little shade in the new land. Even at just 75 degrees you start to melt fast in this new land.....But what's going to happen when this land opens in Orlando if we are uncomfortable in the moderate California weather, just imagine what Florida will be like! "...............Most of these issues should be easy fixes, but they might cost a bit above what the bean counters & Chapek are willing to budget.

Reactions: SeventyOne
A good article on Mice Chat about the lack of crowds for GESWL thus far. They brought up some interesting points. Things, like entertainment, and lack of shade (shades of Toy Story Land) that I hope Disney re evaluates before my Nov. trip to DHS. Here's some of the highlight quotes from Mice Chat, after talking about how the lack of RotR opening is affecting the land........"But there's also the issue that word is out that the land isn't kid friendly"....."Reservations for the Cantina & light saber building experience become available on Disneyland.com and the app every morning at 7AM. So, if you miss out on that, and without any entertainment in the land, there's not a lot of things to do after you've ridden the Falcon"....".We hope they pull some of these (former SW) shows out of mothballs, or develop new ones, and get some entertainment and energy into this very dead feeling land soon"..."The other issue is that summer means heat, and there's little shade in the new land. Even at just 75 degrees you start to melt fast in this new land.....But what's going to happen when this land opens in Orlando if we are uncomfortable in the moderate California weather, just imagine what Florida will be like! "...............Most of these issues should be easy fixes, but they might cost a bit above what the bean counters & Chapek are willing to budget.

I thought the shopping provides both the shade and the entertainment!? :whistle:
I'm kidding but I never thought about the lack of kid content. There always was talk of droids roaming about the place but I heard via Disney Dish that's mothballed during the initial crowd rush.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Does Disneyland no longer have the Jedi Training? That is like the best Star Wars thing for kids at DHS, and is always popular.

Considering the plot of the Trials of the Temple show is that they're hiding at a secret Resistance Base, certainly seems like an easy thing to stick in the Resistance area of Galaxy's Edge, no? Just swap out Temple for Outpost.

I think entertainment is largely overblown on how it can "hold" people in the land. Rise will do exponentially more to hold people than a street show ever will.

I get what you mean, but entertainment fleshes out the experience and increases the perception of value. It would be a lot easier to write off Diagon as “just a couple of rides and some shops” if they didn’t have the Knight Bus, Ollivanders, and Tales/Celestina.

GE could benefit from quite a bit more, especially in the current crowd/Rise vacuum.

What holds people in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade?

The multitude of rides, The shows, The shopping experiences, that all present "iconic" locations and experiences you saw in the movies and read in the books.

SW:GE has flying the millennium falcon.

I get what you mean, but entertainment fleshes out the experience and increases the perception of value. It would be a lot easier to write off Diagon as “just a couple of rides and some shops” if they didn’t have the Knight Bus, Ollivanders, and Tales/Celestina.

GE could benefit from quite a bit more, especially in the current crowd/Rise vacuum.

Sure, it's not gonna hurt the land. But I don't think it's gonna change everything

I thought the shopping provides both the shade and the entertainment!? :whistle:
I'm kidding but I never thought about the lack of kid content. There always was talk of droids roaming about the place but I heard via Disney Dish that's mothballed during the initial crowd rush.

I’m starting to think that the rumor of the droids being held back due to the ”expected demand” was just an excuse that fanboys made up to hold out hope. Is there any evidence Disney was even working on them besides the initial concept art all those years back? They never mention them publicly again and it was always just rumored.

Reactions: JungleSkip
I’m starting to think that the rumor of the droids being held back due to the ”expected demand” was just an excuse that fanboys made up to hold out hope. Is there any evidence Disney was even working on them besides the initial concept art all those years back? They never mention them publicly again and it was always just rumored.
They actively tested them in DL’s Launch Bay and Tomorrowland for Months.