Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 544 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're going to need flats for little kids. So the choice becomes, which IP would you like to see that go towards?

HTTYD? Shrek? Trolls? Something else? Trolls seems the most obvious. I'd love a dark ride as well and the Mack coaster would work great there; but I also realize there has to be trade-offs and I doubt we get everything. I mean, if we get that in addition to the flats, I won't complain :)

YOu can still have a mack inverted power coaster but the car will just have to be like the one used in Puss in Boots in Singapore which has a 36 inch height limit.

I understand the idea of stacking your new park. You want attendance there? Nintendo is your biggest property? Might as well double down on it. I would think, if I were Universal, id want to open something relatively big at either USF or IOA while opening FW. I don't fear those parks will get abandoned when FW opens, but this is a clear opportunity for Universal to spread their own wealth. Its worked incredibly well with Potter so far, I can't imagine they don't utilize this strategy with Nintendo in some way if they can. Sounds like they still will if they plan to open Zelda in IOA, so its not completely lost. I really have no idea what could replace Kidzone though if not Pokemon.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Realistically, there is a chance that FW in and of itself could “fail” in the sense of failing to hit projections. DCA, IoA and DAK all missed projections heavily. But this is ~20-25 years later, so it’s an entirely new situation. It’ll be a fun watch, for sure.

But the odds of meeting or surpassing projections increase if Nintendo and Potter are included.

Ministry of Magic is the big lurking E-ticket. It makes a lot of sense to use it as one of the cornerstones of a new park.

If they replace Kid Zone by the time FW opens then USF will be fine. The Tokyo replacement would be fantastic and the best idea with a mix of Hello Kitty and Godzilla/Toho.

Anyways going back to the land layout since there will be portals into the Worlds...if a world has lands, will there be other portals separating IPs?

So literally a theme park within a theme park?

For example Dreamworks: You walk into Far Far away, Shrek's castle is hub with the mountians of Berk behind the castle. On the right, catch the caterpillar train to Trolls. On the left, unnamed DW property.

Or will it be more like. Oh portal oh I see all three which one should we go to.

This is closer to what I'm imagining. Couple of kids flats and maybe a show/M&G, but have the main attraction be the coaster.
Trolls need more than flats though. It provides the ability to provide a beautiful ride through environments.

It doesn't really though. It would be more ideal, but it doesn't need it. @JungleSkip above brings it up well in that it is doubtful both HTTYD and Trolls would get coasters. Essentially, would you rather HTTYD get a ~42/44" coaster or Trolls get a 36" coaster? I think that's a no brainer.

Using DisneySea Little Mermaid as the example, it trumps MK's Little Mermaid dark ride. The rides in DS aren't anything to write home about, they're themed well, but they're as basic as basic gets. Teacups, balloon spinner, the up and down ride, etc. Carnival rides with good themes.
But where it excels is that it has a very good show (which would be phenomenal with Trolls), a play area (who does these better than Universal?), a QS restaurant and a shop all housed in the single warehouse that is themed extremely well. The environment would be perfect for Trolls. Hell, they could take it one step further and have multiple interactive elements. It's a place for young kids to be out of the heat, bad weather, etc and also sell a ton of merch.

If I'm picking between a Trolls show and a Trolls Dark Ride; I'm actually leaning towards a show for diversity's sake. I'd rather HTTYD get the nod for the coaster and Shrek get the nod for the dark ride.

But the odds of meeting or surpassing projections increase if Nintendo and Potter are included.

Ministry of Magic is the big lurking E-ticket. It makes a lot of sense to use it as one of the cornerstones of a new park.

I think if SNW + Potter can't anchor that park, then they aren't doing something right. And the truth is, if they still have Pokemon, SNW and MoM at UOR; then it will force park guests to buy park hoppers to experience both Pokemon and SNW. What they don't want is someone to travel to UOR and go to the new park only, because they are Nintendo fans.

This new park w/ it's hotels puts them in a whole new ballgame and they are now about selling the resort. Not the individual park. They want you staying there. They want you spending there. They want you swimming at VB. They want you hopping parks. Pokemon at USF helps all of that.

Last edited:
I think Nintendo spread across the parks is a wise move. It should almost be like Universal's PIXAR equivalent (which appears in every WDW park).

The lands/settings and available characters are all different enough to not seem repetitive.

I'm not even a big Nintendo fan (played Mario Kart and know the names of about three Pokemon) but I can appreciate it's value.

Ima laugh when we get a HTTYD spinner in an overall Dreamworks land.
If it's enclosed with a quality lighting package, I'm fine with a "Dragon Nursery" spinner.

But, legitimately, I can think up 4 attractions, C to E ticket quality, and several stores and restaurants without much effort.

"Night Fury" launch coaster (launch wing coaster if we're feeling agressive.)

"Hiccup's Book of Dragons" dark ride (or river ride) - showcasing the different types of dragons.

"HTTYD- Live" - It's the arena show.

"Dragon Nursery" - I want it now.

"Fishleg's Festhause" - A viking dining hall, with mutton, lamb shanks, and chicken. The new, better Mythos.

"Gobber's Gear and Gadgets" - Featured store

"Dragon Hatchery" - Hatch your dragon shopping experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.