Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

F&F Hobbs/Shaw Spinoff

I don’t like the F&F franchise and I want to see this movie.

I think this movie and Jumanji are the only non-Disney releases this year that could hit $1 billion.
How interesting to leave Pokemon out of that arguement..

Honestly, I think Jumanji, Detective Pikachu, Hobbs/Shaw, and Pets are going to get to nearly to that level (but thinking Pikachu and Hobbs/Shaw to reach that).

I have some concerns over the amount of stuff that they spoiled with the trailer, but it doesn't discourage me from seeing it.

Does Spider-Man count as Disney?
Technically no, but i'm sort of counting it as half Disney since it's within the MCU. If it wasn't within the MCU, the movie wouldn't be primed for a potential $1B run.

How interesting to leave Pokemon out of that arguement..

Honestly, I think Jumanji, Detective Pikachu, Hobbs/Shaw, and Pets are going to get to nearly to that level (but thinking Pikachu and Hobbs/Shaw to reach that).

I have some concerns over the amount of stuff that they spoiled with the trailer, but it doesn't discourage me from seeing it.
I forgot about Pikachu, but I think it will fall in the $650-800M range.

I've only watched the first F&F over a decade ago, so I don't really know the characters and don't care...

But this is the most ridiculously unbelievable trailer I've ever seen. Beyond stupid.

And I think I'm gonna go watch it. :lol:

You really should watch the rest of the films. They've built their franchise on insane action, tons of narrowing escapes and impossible scenarios. Turn your brain off, ignore reality and enjoy it for what it is. Just plain damn fun.

You really should watch the rest of the films. They've built their franchise on insane action, tons of narrowing escapes and impossible scenarios. Turn your brain off, ignore reality and enjoy it for what it is. Just plain damn fun.

I'd say start with 5. F&F5 is The Godfather of dumb, loud, audience-pleasing action flicks. And from there they just try to keep going more and more over the top (with bigger and bigger guest star cameos).

I'd say start with 5. F&F5 is The Godfather of dumb, loud, audience-pleasing action flicks. And from there they just try to keep going more and more over the top (with bigger and bigger guest star cameos).

I think 4 is needed to get some backstory, and that's when the official "reboot" starts, but it's a very mediocre movie. But yes, 5 is awesome, and still the best of the series.