Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I am glad we got hear what's going on Hollywood's end but I'm honestly very excited and intrigued about Nightingales, rewatched the teaser video from 21 and then some what of walkthrough of the house, I miss it, good times, can't wait to see the sets and what we are going to get ourselves into, especially with Monsters as well. :) sucks that we don't get Slashs' music but at least we have it on Apple Music to listen to in prep for both mazes on both coasts

Man, they must be announcing all of the scarezones and show together as opposed to two separate announcements. I feel like last year was better paced for announcements.

Just some interesting data:

Here are how many business days between last year's first five announcements:

1 to 2: 17
2 to 3: 14
3 to 4: 16
4 to 5 (not counting ticket release): 10

And compared to this year's:

1 to 2: 12
2 to 3: 11
4 to 5 (not counting tickets): 12

So. We're actually right on schedule comparatively. 5 announcements in 57 business days last year, compared to 5 announcements in 55 days this year (counting all the way until today).

Excel is my friend.

I think what's making it seem longer is that we had a massive info dump on 6/7 last year, with three zones and a show. We may still get that this year, just later.

So much for another announcement this week as @Legacy said
Not that he needs anyone to defend him, but he never explicitly said that there will be another announcement this week. When he replied, did he think there was a good possibility of another? Yes. But, that was just his opinion at the time.

A broader reply: I understand people are excited, but the event will open on September 6 regardless of when the announcements are made. Fear not, they will absolutely announce everything before that date and those announcements will have nearly zero impact on the quality of the attractions. I know it can be tough, but some people just need to relax.

If you're traveling from out of town and are not sold on this year's event just yet, you're just going to have to be patient. I know that's not what some of you want to hear, but it is what it is.

Even if you are travelling from out of town (I am from Texas) I feel like the event is worth it. With flights going up depending of where you are coming from I would just book it if you really like the event. I can't deny the rumored IPs are meh to me but I'm still gonna go and probably enjoy the event like I always do.

Still thinking only Academy of Villains for the shows? I see Beetlejuice is off the Hollywood spec map.

For some speculation fun, what would people like to see from a Beetlejuice show, should it come? Same style as what it used to be when it was a permanent fixture or something totally new?

Not that he needs anyone to defend him, but he never explicitly said that there will be another announcement this week. When he replied, did he think there was a good possibility of another? Yes. But, that was just his opinion at the time.
I didn’t mean he outright said it but he did say I wouldn’t be surprised if there was one on here and on HNN. We never get any straight answers for anyone but Universal about HHN, I know that and we should all know that(which sadly isn’t the case).

Even if you are travelling from out of town (I am from Texas) I feel like the event is worth it. With flights going up depending of where you are coming from I would just book it if you really like the event. I can't deny the rumored IPs are meh to me but I'm still gonna go and probably enjoy the event like I always
And as I mentioned in the other thread... I believe there was some intention to announce *something* yesterday. However... it would appear a different, related brand announcement that took precedence happened instead.
And as I mentioned in the other thread... I believe there was some intention to announce *something* yesterday. However... it would appear a different, related brand announcement that took precedence happened instead.
I mean, the announcement time has literally changed everytime we think it’s coming. I don’t get why some of y’all still get shocked. :grin:

I mean, the announcement time has literally changed everytime we think it’s coming. I don’t get why some of y’all still get shocked. :grin:
Why does anyone care what they intended to do at this point? They don't care to inform their visitors so why bother speculating?

Just some interesting data:

Here are how many business days between last year's first five announcements:

1 to 2: 17
2 to 3: 14
4 to 5 (not counting ticket release): 10

And compared to this year's:

1 to 2: 12
2 to 3: 11
4 to 5 (not counting tickets): 12

So. We're actually right on schedule comparatively. 5 announcements in 57 business days last year, compared to 5 announcements in 55 days this year (counting all the way until today).

Excel is my friend.

I think what's making it seem longer is that we had a massive info dump on 6/7 last year, with three zones and a show. We may still get that this year, just later.
That’s actually the exact reason why I don’t love the schedule this year. I feel like the scarezones are a great midpoint announcement since it is a bulk announcement that opens up multiple avenues to discuss. Granted, it very well could be the next announcement. The other mental hurdle that I’m experiencing (and I see others experiencing) is “The event is a week earlier this year, so the timeline for announcements has shortened.” Which isn’t really true. Thanks for the data!

i just realize we have 3/4 of the original announce, and only 2/5 I.Ps announced....yeah somethings wrong with this schedule.

The other mental hurdle that I’m experiencing (and I see others experiencing) is “The event is a week earlier this year, so the timeline for announcements has shortened.” Which isn’t really true. Thanks for the data!

Oh, I got that tracked too. Last year's announce season started 118 days before opening. This year, it was 117.

The fifth announcement came 61 days before opening night. This year's was 54. So, about a week behind on that front; but, there was a huge gap in July (6/28 to 7/25) that I don't think we'll see again this year.

You need data, I'm your candy man.

Wait...crap...that's not a hint at anything.