Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's interesting because I remember the Trick r Treat maze last year (pretty sure this is going in the same spot?) feeling pretty tall, like there was a lot of open air above me. Maybe they'll have the space? Unless height isn't the issue and it's more about width? I haven't seen the movie yet so I'm not sure...

Maybe I'm an eternal optimist, but I think the space issue is less of an issue than most people think. Here's the apartment scene for a size comparison:

I think most people are worried about width and how they're gonna hide the Klowns in the maze (Helps that last year's costumes at Orlando were very bulky), but in the movie, they aren't that wide. Most can fit through the average door. I think they can slim it down a little without losing the sense of the movie. Only exception is a really fat Klown, Jumbo, who's very big.

Maybe I'm an eternal optimist, but I think the space issue is less of an issue than most people think. Here's the apartment scene for a size comparison:

I think most people are worried about width and how they're gonna hide the Klowns in the maze (Helps that last year's costumes at Orlando were very bulky), but in the movie, they aren't that wide. Most can fit through the average door. I think they can slim it down a little without losing the sense of the movie. Only exception is a really fat Klown, Jumbo, who's very big.

I mean, that seems pretty scalable to me . . . again, seems more about height than width, but I think the creative team can account for that in this particular space. I'm thinking of that Trick r Treat scene with Sam creeping on the ceiling. They pulled that off beautifully.

Also this movie just looks bonkers lol, can't wait to watch.

Here's a question: considering the fact that we have 10 mazes this year, where are they gonna announce them? We usually have 2 exclusives + the Tram, so the 2 big haunt conventions are usually enough, but this year we have 4 exclusives, one anounced.

Reactions: Horror Lover
I’m super hyped that we’ve bumped up the maze count to match Orlando this year, but it does get me concerned considering we’re kinda running out of IPS that everyone wants to see, I’m wondering if we’ll start to see a lot more returning IPS in the future (like HOTC)

Here's a question: considering the fact that we have 10 mazes this year, where are they gonna announce them? We usually have 2 exclusives + the Tram, so the 2 big haunt conventions are usually enough, but this year we have 4 exclusives, one anounced.

Hmm.. that's a good question.. and it doesn't seem like one of the Haunt conventions is returning this year..

Reactions: rageofthegods
3 Exclusives: Creepshow, Pandora's Box, and Holidayz in Hell. Holidayz has been announced.

It doesn't seem like ScareLA is coming back but I could place some stock into Pandora's Box being at Midsummer to explain the concept and maze just like Holidayz.
Does Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man count as an exclusive?

Guys, guys, hear me out:

What if Pandoras Box is a secret adaptation of this book:
220px-The_Girl_with_All_the_Gifts.jpg

I'm only somewhat joking. The name comes from Pandora (it means "girl with every gift" in greek). It's like the Last of Us with waves of fast zombies.

Bingo. House walls are just plywood with paint. objects you find in a house can probably be found in a thrift store. Acropolis walls and greek urns have to be custom made if they're gonna be convincing.
There's so much right with this idea, though not probable. Not only am I a HUGE FAN of last of us (played through it 8 times) but that movie of reference was amaze-balls. I'd love to see more game translations as a gamer.

Reactions: rageofthegods
Been listening to the KKFOS soundtrack. God its gonna be wacky fun, but mostly would love to hear this at the queue, standing in front of the facade. It feels more menacing to me.

Wish the song was longer though...

EDIT: On second thought, Id rather hear this instead. The part at the end sounds better because of the drums.

Been listening to the KKFOS soundtrack. God its gonna be wacky fun, but mostly would love to hear this at the queue, standing in front of the facade. It feels more menacing to me.

Wish the song was longer though...

EDIT: On second thought, Id rather hear this instead. The part at the end sounds better because of the drums.

I'm honestly hoping they go with a mix of the original and the reimagined soundtrack, I really enjoy the original Klown March, but the reimagined one just hits so hard.

I'm honestly hoping they go with a mix of the original and the reimagined soundtrack, I really enjoy the original Klown March, but the reimagined one just hits so hard.

Wow that is badass. I didn't even know that was a thing. Now I would love to hear both. Original for wacky fun, reimagined for badass and terror.

The composer, John Massari, has been pretty blatant online that he is working on something for HHN, so maybe we are getting an all new version of the soundtrack?

The composer, John Massari, has been pretty blatant online that he is working on something for HHN, so maybe we are getting an all new version of the soundtrack?
That could be possible. Maybe we could possibly get new tracks from him?

Honestly I think the best part of this year is that *debatably* none of the mazes feel phoned in. Obviously, some mazes(FmtW, Creepshow, Holidayz + Pandora’s) will have more passion than others but all of them have a lot of potential.

Also, just to clarify the ratio for this year’s maze to Lot is:

Upper Lot: 5(HotC, Walking Dead, Holidayz in Hell, “Scissors”, Pandora’s Box)
Lower Lot: 2(Stranger Things + Klowns)
Backlot: 3(Creepshow, Ghostbusters, Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman)

Or would the Tram Garage mazes be included on the Lower or Backlot? This year might be the year where people start at the front and work their way back vs the normal route plan