Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Oh, I got that tracked too. Last year's announce season started 118 days before opening. This year, it was 117.

The fifth announcement came 61 days before opening night. This year's was 54. So, about a week behind on that front; but, there was a huge gap in July (6/28 to 7/25) that I don't think we'll see again this year.

You need data, I'm your candy man.

Wait...crap...that's not a hint at anything.

DannyPowers speculating Candy Man will headline HHN 29!

candyman.jpg

Oh, I got that tracked too. Last year's announce season started 118 days before opening. This year, it was 117.

The fifth announcement came 61 days before opening night. This year's was 54. So, about a week behind on that front; but, there was a huge gap in July (6/28 to 7/25) that I don't think we'll see again this year.

You need data, I'm your candy man.

Wait...crap...that's not a hint at anything.

upload_2019-6-28_13-17-4.jpeg

i just realize we have 3/4 of the original announce, and only 2/5 I.Ps announced....yeah somethings wrong with this schedule.

Nope. Last year, the first five house announcements consisted of a 2/3 IP/Original split. This year, it's exactly the same.

I mean, Candyman remake in 2020...

I literally just said it wasn't a hint. Although, I would not be shocked if it was there.

Slightly off topic but related to my last post: does anyone else sometimes miss the Rocky Horror show a little? I mean it wasn't that great (how dare they cut Hot Patootie, but I played Eddie when my college did the stage version so I biased), but it was a nice people eater and rest time. Until the conservatives (I'm assuming lol) came and ruined it by complaining about the callbacks

Slightly off topic but related to my last post: does anyone else sometimes miss the Rocky Horror show a little? I mean it wasn't that great (how dare they cut Hot Patootie, but I played Eddie when my college did the stage version so I biased), but it was a nice people eater and rest time. Until the conservatives (I'm assuming lol) came and ruined it by complaining about the callbacks

I miss it - but it brought nothing new after all those years. It wasn't just the people who didn't like the risque material, but a lot of people were confused as to WTF they walked into :lol:.

I just realized Ghostbusters coming to the event means its return to Universal. I can't wait to see fans of the spooktacular show lose it when they find out GB is coming back.

Rocky Horror can be fun, but if you are shy or socially awkward at all, seeing it live with all the participation can be overwhelming

If I had to guess for kkfos costumes perhaps they will utilize 3D glasses to help obscure the actors? Black walls black gaps and black curtains are hard to distinguish with the glasses, but then so too is any detail which would be disappointing. Poltergeist having the ghosts behind scrims in the finale room might be a good way to hide them as well. Also the clowns could be good distractions from human scares.

The actors were surprisingly agile when I saw them last year so maybe the costumes are easier to maneuver than they look. Idk it might just be a really good film adaption and light on scares which I suppose is fine.

No matter what they choose I just hope they plan to have us walk through hanging cotton candy cocoons hallway.

My first HHN year ever was the last year of Rocky Horror — I am very happy I got to experience it that one time at least.