Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, well we're talking about the aquarium, i have some questions about that. Where exactly in the ride does the aquarium take place?

I mean, the natural answer is the first interior section after the lift hill but if the mosasaurus attacks the boat like the commercials suggest, wouldn't that ruin the tone as the ride transitions into the outdoor areas? Once again, i could be completely naive about this and it could already be common info but i don't see the harm in asking.
I think a easy way for them to transition is for Owen, or whoever is narrating the ride to play off the “attack” as part of the show and everything will slowly go downhill from there.

Hey, well we're talking about the aquarium, i have some questions about that. Where exactly in the ride does the aquarium take place?

I mean, the natural answer is the first interior section after the lift hill but if the mosasaurus attacks the boat like the commercials suggest, wouldn't that ruin the tone as the ride transitions into the outdoor areas? Once again, i could be completely naive about this and it could already be common info but i don't see the harm in asking.

Mossasaurus scene is right after the lift hill. It doesn't attack the boat, it merely nearly shatters glass and some water sprays. This version is a little more consistently intense than the original.

The updates are slow today. I really thought there would be some kind of preview today. I can't figure out what the problem could be with the ride.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mossasaurus scene is right after the lift hill. It doesn't attack the boat, it merely nearly shatters glass and some water sprays. This version is a little more consistently intense than the original.

Yeah, that's my major worry about this attraction which is the pacing. I always thought the balance between the beauty of the outdoor tour and the horrors of the off-road dino encounters blended perfectly together and i really hope that Universal doesn't badly mess with the pacing in the pursuit of cramming more intense moments into the ride.

You think we are looking at an august opening?

August? They've already had boats full of crew members through the ride, what could they possibly need a additional month for at this point? The second or third week of July makes far more sense to me.

I don’t want to speculation to run rampant as I’m not giving any dates, but I wanted to make sure y’all don’t start thinking that the ride is broken or suffering from any malfunction. Universal is just taking their time to make sure it’s perfect. Y’all should be happy with that.

I don’t want to speculation to run rampant as I’m not giving any dates, but I wanted to make sure y’all don’t start thinking that the ride is broken or suffering from any malfunction. Universal is just taking their time to make sure it’s perfect. Y’all should be happy with that.

I never said i wasn't happy, Brian. Just saying that, in my opinion, a August opening seems unlikely and illogical. Still, i can appreciate that Universal is putting some extra polish into the attraction.

Let's just hope that what their polishing isn't a downgrade from the original. No matter how much closer we get to opening, i still can't get the nervous tick out of my mind that their gonna ruin what made this attraction great. For the love of god, i can't bear to see this ride become Hollywood's very own "Supercharged". The original meant too much to me.

I never said i wasn't happy, Brian. Just saying that, in my opinion, a August opening seems unlikely and illogical. Still, i can appreciate that Universal is putting some extra polish into the attraction.

Let's just hope that what their polishing isn't a downgrade from the original. No matter how much closer we get to opening, i still can't get the nervous tick out of my mind that their gonna ruin what made this attraction great. For the love of god, i can't bear to see this ride become Hollywood's very own "Supercharged". The original meant too much to me.

My comment wasn’t meant for you. It was made as a general statement. Sorry.

Ride testing today. Timings have them running boats about every 1:15 min. This puts capacity at about 1200 PPH. I am pretty sure they can run this thing every 30 seconds or 3000 PPH. Hopefully they can get this running at capacity.

As mush as I want to ride, I am excited that Universal is not rushing this project. Jurassic World deserves it.

Keeping fingers crossed. This ride redo may end up surpassing Millenium Falcon in customer satisfaction, and pull some serious attendance for USH. Would never have even given that a serious thought two months ago. Situations sure change quickly in the theme park business.

Forgot to mention this, but earlier I was emailed about Universal doing a fourth of July celebration with fireworks that night. Guess that rules out the ride opening on that same day, but it'd be such a pleasant surprise if softs begin on that very day.

Status
Not open for further replies.