Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 385 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What they need to do for a potential Us house is

In the next 3 months develop the technology from Mission Impossible that allows you to wear someone else's face, then scan the crowd and change up the actor's faces for whoever is going through! Sounds simple to me.

i just came up with a neat idea for Us
you know how hhn sometimes uses "plants" (fake guests) in their houses? get 2 twins, and have one twin go in the middle of the line, and the second twin will be a tethered that'll attack the "guest" in line. would this actually work in real life? no. but will it be cool to see? yep.

you know how hhn sometimes uses "plants" (fake guests) in their houses? get 2 twins, and have one twin go in the middle of the line, and the second twin will be a tethered that'll attack the "guest" in line. would this actually work in real life? no. but will it be cool to see? yep.

I love when they did something similar in one of the purge houses.

(Apologies for the double post, I tried to delete one and merge but I couldnt find the options to do it on my phone)

Reactions: jrn14
They could do like happy death day last year where tree would pop out and then baby face attacks! I think they did the same thing in the parade scene for trick r treat

I personally think we are overcomplicating the idea of Us as a house.

I understand the argument that Us couldn’t translate because the main element of fear in the movie is your specific tethered targeting you. I even agree that because of that element of the film, the house could not be fully representative of the movie (then again, most IP houses aren’t). That being said, as long as the house includes the familiar imagery and soundtrack, I don’t think many people (especially the general HHN guest who may not even be a fan of horror films) would think twice about a few lookalikes in red jumpsuits targeting you, rather than their doppelgänger counterparts, in the maze. In the moment, I don’t think it would feel off.

All that said, I’m still not particularly rooting for an Us house. I definitely feel that some other properties would be more pleasant surprises.

I certainly can't wait to see how the scare zones take shape. Anarch-ade and maybe Vikings are the only two I am super excited for. I loved Zombieland, but it's zombies, so unless they capture the spirit of the movie right, it could be a bit dull. Still I have absolute faith they will make them worth seeing regardless. I mean last year The Harvest and Twisted Tradition were basically the same scare zone split into two parts, so variety is nice to have.

Reactions: johnathanm
Here's what I don't understand about the US situation (assuming it's happening which all signs point to). It's a Universal property. Why would it take until now to secure or agree on a property they own? I could understand if it was a WB or some other property that got dropped in their lap at the last minute. But given that it came out in March and did well, and given the success of Get Out, they obviously knew there would be some interest. Given all that, I would have thought it would have been locked in sometime in April if they were going to do it. Just seems weird they'd start scrambling to set up a house they could have just had locked in a couple of months ago tbh.

Here's what I don't understand about the US situation (assuming it's happening which all signs point to). It's a Universal property. Why would it take until now to secure or agree on a property they own? I could understand if it was a WB or some other property that got dropped in their lap at the last minute. But given that it came out in March and did well, and given the success of Get Out, they obviously knew there would be some interest. Given all that, I would have thought it would have been locked in sometime in April if they were going to do it. Just seems weird they'd start scrambling to set up a house they could have just had locked in a couple of months ago tbh.
Just because Universal produced it doesn’t mean it’s their property to just use. Jordan Peele owns the rights so he would have to agree to anything.

After seeing Mike's tweets, I'm surprised that they never used The Strangers since the sequel had an 80s vibe to it, it would have been perfect to see them present their present in the event in some capacity at least.

Last edited:
I personally think we are overcomplicating the idea of Us as a house.

I understand the argument that Us couldn’t translate because the main element of fear in the movie is your specific tethered targeting you. I even agree that because of that element of the film, the house could not be fully representative of the movie (then again, most IP houses aren’t). That being said, as long as the house includes the familiar imagery and soundtrack, I don’t think many people (especially the general HHN guest who may not even be a fan of horror films) would think twice about a few lookalikes in red jumpsuits targeting you, rather than their doppelgänger counterparts, in the maze. In the moment, I don’t think it would feel off.

All that said, I’m still not particularly rooting for an Us house. I definitely feel that some other properties would be more pleasant surprises.
Us will probably be a one and done house for me, so on the bright side, more time for the good houses