Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JW TW.png
Is there a reason universal keeps posting the same tweet about the bar? I love Isla- Nu Bar, but this just seems odd. Unless its to keep Jurassic world on everyone's mind.

View attachment 10046
Is there a reason universal keeps posting the same tweet about the bar? I love Isla- Nu Bar, but this just seems odd. Unless its to keep Jurassic world on everyone's mind.
Hollywood's Twitter acct tends to post the same thing over and over and over again... (I still can't get that Raptor mask gif out of my head.)

Hi guys - here at the park today. There have been a few execs riding the boats mixed in with water dummies. I did see that creative director (one in vid) here with a few folks going in. Also saw a female manager open the steel gates inside the store where the boats let out. When asking everyone, same story...no idea, blah blah. At the bar I saw a few members wearing green “Opening Team” shirts ordering a bunch of cocktails for VIPs who were inside.

Part of me (the hopeful side) thinks they “may” do a soft today or tomorrow - it feels too ready for this to be just testing. Will head back down later today to see if anything has changed. They also have people tending to the front of the line entrance with umbrellas at station.

Cheers
Any in park updates?

September 21/22 is like when everyone goes back to school. "Summer 2019" in advisement to the public is between June to August. I have a feeling it may open in late July or early August 2019.

I mean if we want to get technical, Summer "Ends" as a season on September 23rd. ;)

I doubt it's an Infinity Falls situation on technology, but I am going to not be surprised if it's indeed Late July at this point.

Reactions: tacalert
Hey - so went back to see what’s going on and all I was able to get was the following (not much)
- crew member meeting up on that second deck patio area - about 20 or so team member in it.
- boats running every 90 SEC or so - either empty or with water weights
- no water canon adds at bottom of ride.
Nothing new to really share.

One funny observation was that the team member meeting wrapped, about 6 of them walked out the gated area to the stair case leading into the giant tower (each holding Manila envelopes...don’t get that) but when they tried to get into the employee door with whatever codes they had, it didn’t work and they were all just confused. They must have been told to get to their stations but they got wrong password. That would suck - long walk back to talk to someone if that was the case.

In any event, in asking random people I heard everything from “they need another month” to “next weekend for sure”. Basically no one at the ground level has a clue.

The drinks were insanely tasty and the $12 refill with your souvenir cup isn’t actually that bad given you are getting a decent amount of booze. I’ll be back later on this evening and will share any other pointless info I can find.

Cheers

September 21/22 is like when everyone goes back to school. "Summer 2019" in advisement to the public is between June to August. I have a feeling it may open in late July or early August 2019.

Well there you go. You answered your own concern. It will open in summer.

I don't see them doing any sort of soft openings with water dummies still on the track.

I could be wrong but... I just don't think that these boats need to be tested for much longer after passing evaluation. Its the same ride system after all. This is technically a layover similar to GOTG:MB

I feel like the reason they haven't opened is due to technical difficulties related to show. There are way more timing related issues that could be arising inside the ride. The attraction is also a double dispatch system which means that boat intervals/timing is crucial. Screens/dinos have to reset on time. If the animations aren't making their proper cue's, a delayed opening is sure to happen.... The last thing they want is someone to be on that dud boat that enters a scene too early before it can reset.

Just a guess.

Reactions: Adam RG
Status
Not open for further replies.