Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Except one of our Admins above is telling us to not even show or link the image on the site, which is...never a good sign.

Yeah that's true, but usually Universal creates their own concept art for the posters like stranger things, the shining, the exorcist, they at least try to make it somewhat unique, that image is just poorly photoshopped together, stay puft is clearly from the video game promotional posters, I could make that in like 15 minutes

I’ve gotta say that when Ghostbusters was first rumored I was strongly against it but I’m getting serious Poltergeist flashbacks. Wasn’t excited for either at first but after seeing the announcement artwork I really am excited for it(still not sure how aspects of it will translate but I think it’ll be good).

Also should we address this as an “official official” thing or keep regarding it as spec in the off chance a Scream/Conjuring happens?

I’ve gotta say that when Ghostbusters was first rumored I was strongly against it but I’m getting serious Poltergeist flashbacks. Wasn’t excited for either at first but after seeing the announcement artwork I really am excited for it(still not sure how aspects of it will translate but I think it’ll be good).

Also should we address this as an “official official” thing or keep regarding it as spec in the off chance a Scream/Conjuring happens?

It's basically still spec until Uni itself lays out the piece on it. Scream got leaked too, as Floridians shall recall. I don't think anything is gonna happen really, but still, good to be careful.

Sorry if Im Just beating the dead horse here but this is the image they used, it's from the video game promo art, I don't know just seems lazy to me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190629-133917~2.png
    Screenshot_20190629-133917~2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
Sorry if Im Just beating the dead horse here but this is the image they used, it's from the video game promo art, I don't know just seems lazy to me
Neat. That's different, but you can tell they definitely used it as reference. Looks like they copied Stay Puft's left arm to make both face forward for example. Among other changes.

Neat. That's different, but you can tell they definitely used it as reference. Looks like they copied Stay Puft's left arm to make both face forward for example. Among other changes.

Yes exactly!!! I'm like anybody who knows basic Photoshop could throw that image together, I might just do it tonight after work for fun especially since the image isn't HD

I seriously doubt someone would take the time to forge a leak of a rather niche event, it is probably real.
There have been a few good quality april fools posts over the years, though theyre usually pretty obviously fake, so theoretically making this kind of thing isnt out of the realm of possibility.

I mean, I'm just saying that people with the ability to fake this sort of thing are out there, I didn't take a specific stance on this leak.

I get what you mean haha. And the Key Art does look really ugly.

I remember 2017, we didn't have a key art for The Shining until like, August, so someone up and made one in photoshop and it ended up looking better than the official version.

I get what you mean haha. And the Key Art does look really ugly.

I remember 2017, we didn't have a key art for The Shining until like, August, so someone up and made one in photoshop and it ended up looking better than the official version.
Hi. :toast:

UPDATE: found it.
shininghhn-jpg.4477

It's debatable though. I wouldn't say it's better than the actual promo art, but that's just me.

Sad times these are. My laptop with Photoshop has been broken quite a while around the time I made that. Now I resort to Google Slides whenever I need to make something. Oh well.

Last edited:
I just hope the Orlando marketing team makes cool key art, this just screams Hollywood being gritty and washed up.
I think it's bizarre that --- if this is the real promo art (which is most likely) --- they chose to promote Stay Puft, out in the open, as the focal point over Slimer or Gozer. It sells it being a unique and fun maze, so I'm not too bothered by it.