Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how the vacation information booth is just behind the wall

I picture the guys trying to sell you stuff still standing back there waiting for someone, anyone to approach

Also, I imagine all this access stuff is being moved to the old pond location adjacent to Discovery Center?

I love how the vacation information booth is just behind the wall

I picture the guys trying to sell you stuff still standing back there waiting for someone, anyone to approach

Also, I imagine all this access stuff is being moved to the old pond location adjacent to Discovery Center?

Vacation Information Booth 1 doesn’t have a path leading to it.

Bigger picture question here but what are the chances the land stays Jurassic Park themed even though the coaster will be Jurassic World? Something similar to how Blue the raptor exists in JP even though he’s from JW. I know it makes more sense to update the whole area to JW but that would also take a lot more time beyond 2021 if they have to re-theme the land and copy the JW refurb of river adventure from Hollywood. I just think they’re making a mistake re-theming the whole area to JP and it seems like a short sighted move. I am a huge JP fan and also love JW, but JP (much like jaws) is one of Universal’s few IP’s that have the lasting power to be a true classic lasting beyond normal IP lifespan in parks. It’s been 26 years since it was released and is still widely recognized probably even more than other classic IP’s universal has like Jaws, ET, Back to the Future. JW just doesn’t have that lasting power and I feel people already kind of forgot about it after Fallen Kingdom didn’t have as good of reviews as the the first JW. I do wish river adventure could get a refurb of the original ride with new animatronics but don’t think that will happen unless they re-theme. I know we have to wait and see reviews of the JW ride in Hollywood to see what will happen in Orlando but what percent chance do you think we have of keeping the original JP theme in IOA?

Bigger picture question here but what are the chances the land stays Jurassic Park themed even though the coaster will be Jurassic World? Something similar to how Blue the raptor exists in JP even though he’s from JW. I know it makes more sense to update the whole area to JW but that would also take a lot more time beyond 2021 if they have to re-theme the land and copy the JW refurb of river adventure from Hollywood. I just think they’re making a mistake re-theming the whole area to JP and it seems like a short sighted move. I am a huge JP fan and also love JW, but JP (much like jaws) is one of Universal’s few IP’s that have the lasting power to be a true classic lasting beyond normal IP lifespan in parks. It’s been 26 years since it was released and is still widely recognized probably even more than other classic IP’s universal has like Jaws, ET, Back to the Future. JW just doesn’t have that lasting power and I feel people already kind of forgot about it after Fallen Kingdom didn’t have as good of reviews as the the first JW. I do wish river adventure could get a refurb of the original ride with new animatronics but don’t think that will happen unless they re-theme. I know we have to wait and see reviews of the JW ride in Hollywood to see what will happen in Orlando but what percent chance do you think we have of keeping the original JP theme in IOA?
I could see it both ways, JP & JW can, in theory, work side by side together an still be cannon at IOA.

After seeing the redo in Hollywood, and hearing murmurs about JW River Adventure, I'm warming up to JW coming to IOA

I would be surprised if they did 4 abreast seating on this coaster just based on the tightness of the first half of this coaster’s layout. Would definitely expect this to only have lap-bar restraints though, which I’m super excited about. Going to freak out a lot of the general public and I’m all for it. This ride and the RMC in Tampa are finally going to put some hair on the chest of Florida theme parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.