Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 389 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I was thinking about it and I wonder how Stay + Scream will be handled this year. 3 of the headliner IPs are in the SS area of the park with 2 of them right on top of each other(Us + Stranger Things), wonder if it’ll be even more congested than last year or if they’ll try to arrange it pretty evenly considering Zombieland is there too.
Whatever you thought on Us are, it is not a headliner

I do think it’s Us, but I’m still hoping it’s not

The shame of it all is that “Us” was overhyped as a movie and the trailer was more entertaining than the actual film in my opinion. The movie would translate horribly into a house and I just don’t get the hype of people wanting it to come this year. Sure like 2 of the settings of the film are cool but they aren’t gonna have you go down an escalator unless they build it in city walk lmao!

So I was thinking about it and I wonder how Stay + Scream will be handled this year. 3 of the headliner IPs are in the SS area of the park with 2 of them right on top of each other(Us + Stranger Things), wonder if it’ll be even more congested than last year or if they’ll try to arrange it pretty evenly considering Zombieland is there too.

I don't think Us will be a headliner at all. I suspect the main 3 attractions will be, in order, Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, Universal Monsters.

If it is actually coming, I'm in the pro-Us camp. Re-watched it last night and liked it even more than the first time. Lots of fun locations, great actors playing two sets of memorable characters, amazing soundscape... I don't get the hate. Now they must find a way to hire actual Tim Heidecker...

Last edited:
Well, according to the website, that is correct(assuming Ghostbusters is #2, which it definitely is)

I mean, for me, Ghostbusters is the clear #1. But I understand the extreme popularity of Stranger Things and am under no illusion that it is anything but the #1 house for most people. I think GoT would have been the only one that could have topped it, but I'm glad that didn't happen because the crowds would have been unbearable and I probably would have just skipped it.

For me, my anticipation/interest in the houses is as follows:
1-Ghostbusters
2-Depths of Fear
3-Universal Monsters
4-Stranger Things
5-House of 1,000 Corpses
6-Nightingales Blood Pit
7-Yeti
8-Killer Klownz
9-Graveyard
10-Us

I wonder if all the talk about Us us Universal intentionally leaking red herrings to lead us all on a merry dance away from the real 'mystery IP'.

Or maybe not and they really can't seem to keep a lid on their surprises!:shrug:

I don't think they leaked it intentionally, it just like all of the other leaks just so happen appear as well. They're trying to do their best to keep quiet and trying to stick to release schedule dates and that seems a bit difficult for them when the plan dates for the announcement start getting revealed too before they put em out.

Reactions: Darko
I am curious what the next announcement will be. Seems to be Ghostbusters maybe based on leaks. Think they may do IPs for the next two announcements?

I am curious what the next announcement will be. Seems to be Ghostbusters maybe based on leaks. Think they may do IPs for the next two announcements?
I feel like they could probably save Ghostbusters last and use either House Of 1000 Corpses or Killer Klowns to throw people off their trail because if Ghostbusters was to be the next announcement they would throw them something out very random like they did with Depths and Yeti. As for US, I would rather stick with that house than another Happy Death Day house that just sticks to pretty much the trailer of the film rather the film itself like last year did, a house last year was a wasted potential.

Reactions: Darko
I wonder if all the talk about Us us Universal intentionally leaking red herrings to lead us all on a merry dance away from the real 'mystery IP'.

Or maybe not and they really can't seem to keep a lid on their surprises!:shrug:

Sure hope so!

I was reading reviews of Us after it surfaced as a rumor and once you remove people who love it because it was made by the guy who made get out, and people who seem to praise it for being quirky and weird, there’s a ton of bad reviews about illogical plot holes, bad acting, bad writing, boredom, and the rest.

I don’t know why they would pick this property. The comment above that said that the trailer was the most exciting part seems to be consistent with lots of the reviews.

Reactions: Kadath and jrn14
Sure hope so!

I was reading reviews of Us after it surfaced as a rumor and once you remove people who love it because it was made by the guy who made get out, and people who seem to praise it for being quirky and weird, there’s a ton of bad reviews about illogical plot holes, bad acting, bad writing, boredom, and the rest.

I don’t know why they would pick this property. The comment above that said that the trailer was the most exciting part seems to be consistent with lots of the reviews.
Have you ever watched Killer Klowns?