Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nope. The background is just ambient noise
Except the entry tunnels. There’s the Galaxy’s Edge theme playing on your way in and out. But that’s probably not enough.

At least Pandora has music in the Pongu courtyard.

Does anyone know if Galaxy’s Edge at least has music in the shops and quick service? I love the soundtrack songs from Windtraders and Satuli.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Except the entry tunnels. There’s the Galaxy’s Edge theme playing on your way in and out. But that’s probably not enough.

At least Pandora has music in the Pongu courtyard.

Does anyone know if Galaxy’s Edge at least has music in the shops and quick service? I love the soundtrack songs from Windtraders and Satuli.
I think the only other music I heard was DJ Rex playing in the bathroom

I went to California for the very first time last week (LA and surrounding areas). I live in Connecticut. I planned a “LA” vacation not a Disneyland vacation, so Disneyland just kinda fell into my lap, as well as me going to Galaxy’s Edge the first day reservations weren’t required. I would never do this for Disney World. I would plan for a Disney World vacation, not an “Orlando” vacation. And I think that’s the reason crowds aren’t as big. Disney World is a destination for people around the entire world, while Disneyland is a nice weekend vacation for those in California, at least that what it seemed like to me when I went, as well as some Asian tourists. I think we need to hold our judgements for how successful the land is when it opens in Hollywood Studios. How does the opening of Galaxy's Edge compared to Cars Land????
-
Also, I just wanna say how disappointed I am in Disney for running out of Kyber Crystals the day before the land opened to the public. Should have planned for that

Reactions: Mad Dog
It's the Ebay resell effect. The same thing used to happen at DHS when they had Star Wars weekends. No way to stock enough since they'll buy everything up. True sales figures maybe 6 to 12 months down the line....Remember the Banshees at Pandora.
I know the person who in charge of merch and ordered all the extra Banshee stock right after opening. They were so impressed with sales early on and believed in the product that they kept ordering a crap ton after that... until people just suddenly stopped buying. Now they're left with a bunch of banshees that no one really wants.

The person I speak of does not think highly of the banshees either. Wouldn't even let own children get one with CM discount as they considered it to be such a gimmick and not worth the money.

Potter wasn’t this bad.... of SR lines seem longer yesterday and today it’s because they’re running 3 of the 4 carousels to save money.

It was very, very similar but not entirely considering the entire park. The entire resort is just dead. This is like the 84 Olympics kinda deal.

I think people overestimate how many tourists visit DL during the summer. They really only come during the holidays.

Yesterday was busier that the week overall. The morning was quit but by 2:00 PM Mickey and Friends was full (Pixar pals parking was not open). Certainly not crazy new land busy. I was able to get reservations for Olga’s and Savi’s in the morning but Olga’s reservations were sold out by 10:00 am. Falcon seemed to hover around 90 min for mist of the day. It was a good second visit for me and I was happy that I could do everything I wanted. The reservation system is good but it has issues. A lot of GP didn’t know you need a reservation for Olga’s. People were getting in line and upset they couldn’t get in. I have more thoughts but leave it for later.

I know the person who in charge of merch and ordered all the extra Banshee stock right after opening. They were so impressed with sales early on and believed in the product that they kept ordering a crap ton after that... until people just suddenly stopped buying. Now they're left with a bunch of banshees that no one really wants.

The person I speak of does not think highly of the banshees either. Wouldn't even let own children get one with CM discount as they considered it to be such a gimmick and not worth the money.
I never understood people buying the banshees or the people buying the weird monkey things at Galaxy’s edge. They’re a gimmick to wear for the day and then never use them again

While I get this vibe..... it’s also literally been there since 1955. Main Street is one. So is WS. And New Orleans Square. And....
Those have music playing at least

Also, my comment is a bit silly as I know this trend will continue.

That being said, not every property needs to be a land, and not every land need to be tied to a property

The ones you listed are a great example

Those have music playing at least

Also, my comment is a bit silly as I know this trend will continue.

That being said, not every property needs to be a land, and not every land need to be tied to a property

The ones you listed are a great example

Unfortunately, with the money being spent on lands now, every land needs an attached IP to reduce risk.

I know many are saying there is no soundtrack playing in SWGE. Because there was no music outside in Star Wars movies. I also don’t recall the mountains being lit up at night in the movies. But are DL they are.

Unfortunately, with the money being spent on lands now, every land needs an attached IP to reduce risk.
The problem is that IP lands are also very limiting. Sure, the initial build out will be great, but expansion opportunities are very limited after that since it has to be tied to the specific IP.

Reactions: Clive and shiekra38