Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

If it's taken down the Minion building could be doubled.
If they would do that they could put a long overdue Despicable Me land in FW.
In this location I would love to see a Universal ride. Make it a 2 story Transformer type ride with practical set where you ride all the big Universal classic movies (like the great movie ride).

At the New York end of the coaster, land should be cleared up to the Hogwarts express and a interactive Ghostbusters ride could be placed there giving the original building facade it's purpose back as the entrance. I would like to see it have real sets and mousion ghost effects that can be shot with a gun and trapped with a peddle on the floor of the ride vehicle.

Both should be slow moving family rides fitting most ages and all sizes.

Replace it with a B&M hyper like Hollywood Dream. Hell, they could even get rid of the music Plaza and put an attraction there like at USJ.

But realistically if it’s removed I don’t think they’d put a new coaster in its place, maybe something in one of the sound stages and the entrance could be where Rockits entrance currently is now.

This attraction easily has the worst overall ride experience in all of the Universal theme parks. No theming, rough as hell and outdated music to pick from.

Replace it with a B&M hyper like Hollywood Dream. Hell, they could even get rid of the music Plaza and put an attraction there like at USJ.

But realistically if it’s removed I don’t think they’d put a new coaster in its place, maybe something in one of the sound stages and the entrance could be where Rockits entrance currently is now.

This attraction easily has the worst overall ride experience in all of the Universal theme parks. No theming, rough as hell and outdated music to pick from.
I feel it was a quick/cheap add before Potter opened up...Years later, the consequences of that decision are still standing

I do wonder how high the GSATs are

and yet every time I go to Universal Orlando, this ride always has a line, and believe me I would prefer it without a line so I could ride it more often. Access the secret songs, choose some Judas Priest, try and hold your arms up for the entire ride, its a good time.

My sister and I rode it today. It was just...unpleasant. On top of the lift hill stuff, the cars felt rattly, my restraint didn't come up at the same time as everyone else's, and my music was at such a volume where I could hear the music of the row in front of me. No bueno.

If it's taken down the Minion building could be doubled.
If they would do that they could put a long overdue Despicable Me land in FW.
In this location I would love to see a Universal ride. Make it a 2 story Transformer type ride with practical set where you ride all the big Universal classic movies (like the great movie ride).

At the New York end of the coaster, land should be cleared up to the Hogwarts express and a interactive Ghostbusters ride could be placed there giving the original building facade it's purpose back as the entrance. I would like to see it have real sets and mousion ghost effects that can be shot with a gun and trapped with a peddle on the floor of the ride vehicle.

Both should be slow moving family rides fitting most ages and all sizes.
i liked the ideas till you wrote 'slow moving family rides'. When I had young kids, we would do Disney, but now that they are older, we do Universal. Why? because there are more themed thrill rides, Diagon Alley, I can drink alcohol in the park, don't have to dodge an infinite amount of strollers like at Magic Kingdom, I can drink alcohol in the park, HHN, and the list goes on. I know that many people have different visions of what the park should be, and everyone has a right to that vision, but my vision doesn't include more family slow rides.

I feel it was a quick/cheap add before Potter opened up...Years later, the consequences of that decision are still standing

I do wonder how high the GSATs are
I don't know what the Universal GSAT's are, but I seem to recall insiders privy to the info said they were OK....Touring Plans has GSAT's based on their guest surveys and it actually rates pretty high. On a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the highest, it's scores range from 4.3 to 4.7 with every age demographic except Seniors.

i liked the ideas till you wrote 'slow moving family rides'. When I had young kids, we would do Disney, but now that they are older, we do Universal. Why? because there are more themed thrill rides, Diagon Alley, I can drink alcohol in the park, don't have to dodge an infinite amount of strollers like at Magic Kingdom, I can drink alcohol in the park, HHN, and the list goes on. I know that many people have different visions of what the park should be, and everyone has a right to that vision, but my vision doesn't include more family slow rides.

and we all know what my vision is worth - absolutely nothin - universal will do whatever without regard to little old me

I still haven't rode this, actually. When my family was there in May I almost talked myself on to it - I finally crossed Dudley's off on the same trip, and I know that drop goes fast, but it still freaks me out. Probably need to just force myself on the one time so I can say I rode it.

Look, I love myself some talk of changing the USF entrance plaza but RRR is the last thing that needs to go. RRR is a coaster with a very small footprint and fairly high GSATs. It also serves as a nice piece in the Uni skyline imo. All I think it needs is a retrack, a new music list, and maybe a retheme.

If anything Shrek, Monsters, and Minion’s should leave the area with another kids ride being put into Kidzone (blasphemy, I know) to pick up the slack Minion Mayhem left behind. That’s more than enough space for anything Universal needs.

Honestly, I’d bet money on never see another Ghostbusters or BTTF attraction ever being added again.

Look, I love myself some talk of changing the USF entrance plaza but RRR is the last thing that needs to go. RRR is a coaster with a very small footprint and fairly high GSATs. It also serves as a nice piece in the Uni skyline imo. All I think it needs is a retrack, a new music list, and maybe a retheme.

If anything Shrek, Monsters, and Minion’s should leave the area with another kids ride being put into Kidzone (blasphemy, I know) to pick up the slack Minion Mayhem left behind. That’s more than enough space for anything Universal needs.

Honestly, I’d bet money on never see another Ghostbusters or BTTF attraction ever being added again.
Yes....plus lots of Kinetic Energy, which is always a big plus in theme parks.

It needs a retrack, and some better designed trains

In fanboi world it would be gone

In reality it needs to be retracked by a more competent coaster manufacturer

Honestly I think it would be a complete replacement rather than a re-track. While it is popular and served/serves a purpose, it would make more sense to build something better than to just replicate what's there. I could see it being replaced as part of a total overhaul of the park entry. At this point (as much as I like the existing entry plaza) it needs some upgrades, especially as attendance keeps growing. The existing layout feels really cramped on busy days and could really benefit from an overhaul, and a new attraction/coaster could be a big part of that.

I like Rockit because its' a good thrill that works around a tight space. I fear if we lose it the total attraction count would go down though the entrance plaza is pretty messy.