Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Except it has?

The doom and gloom in this thread is incredible considering how much better the ride has been running all week.

Ok. When it opens at the same time as the park does, let me know.

Also smart to open in the mid afternoon right when we typically see thunderstorms in Florida.

Curious just how long it’s even operating on a given park day. Possibly 1/3 ? Or maybe 1/4 of Park hours? Sounds like a big improvement!!

Ok. When it opens at the same time as the park does, let me know.

Also smart to open in the mid afternoon right when we typically see thunderstorms in Florida.

Curious just how long it’s even operating on a given park day. Possibly 1/3 ? Or maybe 1/4 of Park hours? Sounds like a big improvement!!

Just because it's still dealing with a less than ideal situation doesn't mean it hasn't improved - because it has. Ya gotta let up a bit..

I have been told that there have been numerous reasons and issues in the recent past. Who knows if the same issues have reared their head again. I am personally concerned about the LSM fins not always giving a reliable boost/failing.

To this day Dragster occasionally has rollbacks from under powering the launch. I think a rollback every now and then is better than an overshoot.

To this day Dragster occasionally has rollbacks from under powering the launch. I think a rollback every now and then is better than an overshoot.
The problem with Dragster's rollbacks is that it launches based on the weight of the previous train. That means that if it launches a super heavy train then has an empty train right after, it's more likely to roll back. It's usually not an actual mechanical issue.

It's one thing launching a train up to 120mph where wind can have a serious effect plus cold weather but weather shouldn't be having an effect on Hagrid's at such low speeds and it seems like this is rolling back a lot.

Does one actually feel brakes when coming into Hagrid’s barn or does the train just slow down on its own... sorta.

Too, I wonder if any of the system supervisor code has had to be rewritten or modified to handle some unforeseen issues.