Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 392 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Because there are no restrictions to the imagination. While it's great to step through the scenes of the Exorcist, Halloween or Poltergeist; I would never give up Ghost Town, Dead Waters (beautiful set design) or Scarecrow, Body Collectors (some of the scary originals)

Yep this. Slaughter Sinema was my favorite house from last year. I like IPs too. But, like most people, I obviously prefer IP houses of movies I actually like. Which is why Ghostbusters is my #1 anticipated house for this year and Us is last. But Depths of Fear has me so friggin' intrigued because I have no idea what to expect whereas I kind of have an idea what is likely to happen in IP houses. The element of surprise and ability to dream up whatever they want makes the original houses a bit more exciting for me.

Yep this. Slaughter Sinema was my favorite house from last year. I like IPs too. But, like most people, I obviously prefer IP houses of movies I actually like. Which is why Ghostbusters is my #1 anticipated house for this year and Us is last. But Depths of Fear has me so friggin' intrigued because I have no idea what to expect whereas I kind of have an idea what is likely to happen in IP houses. The element of surprise and ability to dream up whatever they want makes the original houses a bit more exciting for me.
This, this right here, is why I love the originals more. The element of surprise.

Killer Klownz is a really good movie of its own kind. It's a passion project between buddies who never intended to make an academy worthy movie, Interviews and behind the scenes with The Chiodo brothers, Massari and other cast memeber make me appreciate the movie to a higher level.
Us is a godsend of a mainstream horror movie when in modern eras jumpscare filled sequels and reeboots are the norm. Also the soundtrack is amazing.

Us is happening based on the recent casting emails. Pretty obvious when HHN is putting out last minute casting calls for “Youthful Looking African Americans.”

I also don’t get the hate towards Us. It’s a damn good film and Jordan Peele is starting to rank amongst the masters of suspense and subversion - Hitchcock, Lynch, Peele.

I’ll also echo Legacy in that KKFOS is a terrible movie. What makes it a cult classic is it’s creativity and campiness.
MASTER, lol, getting a little ahead of ourselves i think after 2 movies that had decent box office #'s. Wasn't M. Night ShyamalanM. Night Shyamalan considered the next great at one time and he has not come close.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
My problem with Us, is that is it really needed? A year with Ghostbusters, Stranger Things, UM etc - it seems like this house may be a little lost. Fair enough if they could only get it this year, but I definitely think this would have been best suited on perhaps a weaker year for IP’s. Don’t get me wrong though, a problem with too many potentially great mazes, is definitely not a problem

My problem with Us, is that is it really needed? A year with Ghostbusters, Stranger Things, UM etc - it seems like this house may be a little lost. Fair enough if they could only get it this year, but I definitely think this would have been best suited on perhaps a weaker year for IP’s. Don’t get me wrong though, a problem with too many potentially great mazes, is definitely not a problem

I get what you’re saying. We already have enough IPs to draw in the crowds. Although I would have preferred the Tooth Fairy original over Us, Universal’s always going to choose an attention grabbing IP over an original. It’s actually more relevant than every other IP except for ST.

At least it’s Us and not Blumhouse Vol. 3 or HDD2U.

So your main gripe is that it would make a year thats shaping up to be great even better? That's new to me.