Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 393 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get what you’re saying. We already have enough IPs to draw in the crowds. Although I would have preferred the Tooth Fairy original over Us, Universal’s always going to choose an attention grabbing IP over an original. It’s actually more relevant than every other IP except for ST.

At least it’s Us and not Blumhouse Vol. 3 or HDD2U.

I thought the Horrors of Blumhouse house in 2017 was pretty good with Purge, Sinister, and Insidious. But last year, man, that was...disappointing.

My problem with Us, is that is it really needed? A year with Ghostbusters, Stranger Things, UM etc - it seems like this house may be a little lost. Fair enough if they could only get it this year, but I definitely think this would have been best suited on perhaps a weaker year for IP’s. Don’t get me wrong though, a problem with too many potentially great mazes, is definitely not a problem
You answered your own question as you were posing it. “A year with Ghostbusters, Stranger Things, UM...” People always talk about a “big three” for all the posters and digital ads. Ghostbusters, ST, and Us is a great big three. Regardless of how people feel about Us, it was a huge hit that will get people hyped for this year. It’s going to create a ton of buzz if it happens, especially because, IMO at least, this is a very weak year for IPs. Us might be the most anticipated maze of the whole season if it actually happens.

The IP lineup this year seems to fit something for everybody and all in all feels the most balanced and most like what a good-great IP lineup should have. There’s a near universally loved IP(Stranger Things), a classic(Ghostbusters), a gorefest(HotC), a recent critical and commercial hit(Us), a cult classic(KKFOS), and another property that makes nearly everyone happy(UCM).

I think Us being added made me like the lineup as a whole a lot better since it fits into something that I felt was missing from this year.

The IP lineup this year seems to fit something for everybody and all in all feels the most balanced and most like what a good-great IP lineup should have. There’s a near universally loved IP(Stranger Things), a classic(Ghostbusters), a gorefest(HotC), a recent critical and commercial hit(Us), a cult classic(KKFOS), and another property that makes nearly everyone happy(UCM).

I think Us being added made me like the lineup as a whole a lot better since it fits into something that I felt was missing from this year.
Couldn’t agree more!

I believe I said this a loooong time ago when people talked about Us after it came out. But I think too many people think it will play out linearly telling the story of the film. I imagine we’ll get like 3 scenes from the movie and then go in to the fever dream nightmare version similar to Exorcist or Poltergeist, even segments of the Shining.

Psychologically there is a lot that the main character is going through so they will probably put us in the tunnels pretty quick and just go full abstract. And that is what keeps me excited for it. Not to mention the weird walk/run steps the bad guys do and to hear the scissors swiping and snipping through the air? I can see some great mini scenes playing out in there as well.

I believe I said this a loooong time ago when people talked about Us after it came out. But I think too many people think it will play out linearly telling the story of the film. I imagine we’ll get like 3 scenes from the movie and then go in to the fever dream nightmare version similar to Exorcist or Poltergeist, even segments of the Shining.

Psychologically there is a lot that the main character is going through so they will probably put us in the tunnels pretty quick and just go full abstract. And that is what keeps me excited for it. Not to mention the weird walk/run steps the bad guys do and to hear the scissors swiping and snipping through the air? I can see some great mini scenes playing out in there as well.

Depending on how much of "Tooth Fairy" was built, that could definitely be the route they go with. They could re-use the funhouse from CGY--does anyone know yet which side of the soundstage is Yeti, and which side is possibly Us?

Reactions: orlandoiloveyou
Depending on how much of "Tooth Fairy" was built, that could definitely be the route they go with. They could re-use the funhouse from CGY--does anyone know yet which side of the soundstage is Yeti, and which side is possibly Us?

I think Us is going on the Scary Tales side and Yeti is going in the CGY side.

I mean there is a spec. map

The tricky thing I noticed with the current spec map is Stranger Things is now in position B (Which was CG:RIP last year), however by all accounts ST is going in SS 25, which was position D on the map. I don't see them suddenly changing a house's location, so is this a case where they're changing up the queue's for this year? Or was the info incorrect on ST being in SS 25?

Yeah I feel like Graveyard and Anarch-ade are the ones we know the least about.