T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Heard a bit of information in regards to the general theme for this show. A coworker has heard the show will be more akin to Horror Makeup or the Special Effects stages at USH in that it will be a breakdown of how they make movies- just on the grandest scale. I dunno how much I believe said person, but I'm not opposed to the idea of having an OG style attraction about making movies back in the park.
While I wish this was the case, it’s not at all what I’ve been hearing for it.

Agreed. Example: IJ at DHS gets old after a few viewings, with 5 minutes of action and 20 minutes of boring 'this is the way we do it". LMA was the same.

If it was more like Horror Make Up and less like IJ, I'm all for it.

How they theme that to Bourne, I don't know?...

Also, Special Effects Show at USH is a newer version of this type of attraction and is really well done. I was pleasantly surprised by it. I had low expectations thinking it was the same show I had seen years prior before the move to the new stage and its completely uninspired title didn't help. However, the VIP Tour included seating for this and it was actually funny, had some exciting moments, and was overall very entertaining. I think an even larger scale version of this would be a really interesting addition to the park.

Last edited:
It may be the purist in me, but I love and terribly miss the 'how it's made' shtick Studios used to have. I've been racking my brain about how to keep Bourne from treading into T2:3D territory, and this would work. Kind of like an indoor Lights, Motors, Action sans cars.

It may be the purist in me, but I love and terribly miss the 'how it's made' shtick Studios used to have. I've been racking my brain about how to keep Bourne from treading into T2:3D territory, and this would work. Kind of like an indoor Lights, Motors, Action sans cars.
I feel this show will be more Waterworld than Alfred Hitchcock, if that makes sense

Also, Special Effects Show at USH is a newer version of this type of attraction and is really well done. I was pleasantly surprised by it. I had low expectations thinking it was the same show I had seen years prior before the move to the new stage and its completely uninspired title didn't help. However, the VIP Tour included seating for this and it was actually funny, had some exciting moments, and was overall very entertaining. I think an even larger scale version of this would be a really interesting addition to the park.

I'm also a fan of their show, but keep in mind Universal Hollywood still caters predominantly to one-and-done tourists, many visiting from out of the country. The show plays well to first-timers but definitely struggles more on repeat views as you sit through the same explanations.

Ok. So was your “friend of a friend” really just you wishing?