Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is July 12-15 for opening. I feel they are aiming for this weekend for softs, July 4 will be the biggest "summer crowds" they will get.
In FIVE FIRES, latest video you could hear all the sounds going, including the Indominus Rex! It seems like they need another week of testing, then softs, then an opening next week. In the end, none of us know.

kayakers-river.jpg

Wake me when Cretaceous Cruise opens..

I’ve seen tons of commercials for this in the past week. Guessing original plan was to have this open before July 4...the airtime was already purchased

Hagrid has Universal spooked something good. Lots of last minute decisions going on.

I know this is not the answer people want to hear, but: it'll open when it opens.
Could be that they want the practical scenes to work perfectly, and maybe they spiced up the projection portion?

Posted this last week... but I think this is what´s happening. I think they are behind schedule and they don't want a Hagrid's situation in which they had like 3 days of softs, followed by the opening day and a cluster of problems. Hagrid was clearly behind schedule but they had an opening date already set so that created the problems they had at opening date (the cycle being faster than predicted, trains not fitted for the extra speed, the ride not running at capacity, 10 hour lines). Since they are really pushing marketing on this attraction, Universal is treating this as a really big deal, so if there is no opening date yet, I am afraid softs will happen at the end of July for an August opening date. I highly doubt that they would drop the opening date one week before it opened, so with all that in mind, late July softs, for an August opening date. my two cents
agree, yet disagree. Everybody is wrapped up in universal getting a lot of marketing in before this thing opens. Universal is already doing their marketing as you mentioned and a lot of the GP are showing up with the belief that the ride may be open. For customer satisfaction Uni wants this open ASAP and for the fact a lot of kids begin the process of going back to school in mid-August and most families also begin the process of stopping their vacations.

Reactions: Kevin McCane
agree, yet disagree. Everybody is wrapped up in universal getting a lot of marketing in before this thing opens. Universal is already doing their marketing as you mentioned and a lot of the GP are showing up with the belief that the ride may be open. For customer satisfaction Uni wants this open ASAP and for the fact a lot of kids begin the process of going back to school in mid-August and most families also begin the process of stopping their vacations.
This, pretty much! For my family, my kids go back on Aug. 5th. There's no way I'd take the whole family there on a weekend in the Summer. So, hopefully this opens in July so we're able to go during the week. And even more hopefully, Universal knows this.

I mean how much mor time do they need. The wait time sign says coming soon. The digital board says coming soon. Gold is not blacked out. The longer they wait the less money there gonna make. Kids go back especially my oldest 2nd week of August. This month is it for them.

You guys are acting like they aren't desperate to get this thing open yesterday. This isn't a matter of pettiness. The ride isn't 100% ready.

AGREED!!!! I think they should ban all posts speculating when this thing will open, soft open, previews, etc. In addition, any mention of TM previews and executives vs. regular employees should be banned also. Just like the update videos. We are not learning anything new and it is getting annoying at this point.

AGREED!!!! I think they should ban all posts speculating when this thing will open, soft open, previews, etc. In addition, any mention of TM previews and executives vs. regular employees should be banned also. Just like the update videos. We are not learning anything new and it is getting annoying at this point.
Then when they actually annouce the soft dates, those will be banned...

Reactions: armenianmovieman
Status
Not open for further replies.