Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 395 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wasn’t being hostile, I honestly forgot Zombie directed those films! Those reboots aren’t as memorable to me as the originals - although now that I recall them, I remember both being pretty violent.

My point is, why Zombie this year? I get Ho1TC being a house. But a whole scarezone dedicated to Rob Zombie in 2019? I don’t get it.
My exact thinking, as well. I enjoy some of Zombie's films—I think a couple of them are straight up excellent, actually—but is there really a clamoring for more RZ content? A maze AND a scare zone?

Reactions: Darko and hhnlover
I'm actually really looking forward to the RZ zone. Although, both my wife and I were flannel clad alterna-kids in junior high and high school.
I am curious to see how it turns out either way. Could be the best SZ of the year, who knows. He certainly has plenty of characters to work with.

They’re certainly not working with a lot of room if the RZ SZ is indeed going into the KKFOS spot.
Eh, Rob Zombie being so divisive, it makes since his SZ being somewhere easy to get around and be fully optional.

Looks like they’re permitting for all the fire suppression systems in the houses today.

These sprinkler permits are kind of telling because they only need to add additional sprinklers in rooms that will have ceilings or are covered in some way, preventing the building's existing fire suppression system from being effective in those scenes. The house in SS25 definitely has most new sprinklers going in, at 14. I believe that's rumored to be where Stranger Things is so it looks like we'll be getting a lot of covered scenes in there - I'd imagine the tunnels from season 2 will play a big part, hopefully the arcade, and maybe a few Starcourt Mall scenes too!

Last edited:
These sprinkler permits are kind of telling because they only need to add additional sprinklers in rooms that will have ceilings or are covered in some way, preventing the building's existing fire suppression system from being effective in those scenes. The house in SS25 definitely has most new sprinklers going in, at 14. I believe that's rumored to be where Stranger Things is so it looks like we'll be getting a lot of covered scenes in there - I'd imagine the tunnels from season 2 will play a big part, hopefully the arcade, and maybe a few Starcourt Mall scenes too!
I always wondered how this worked with a temporary structure.

Reactions: Kadath and Darko
Random question just out of curiosity. It's July 1st we are 67 days away from the first night of HHN. How far along are the builds for the 10 houses? Are some 100% finished... are some 0% finished? are all of them like 50% finished? How does this usually go? How close until the event starts are they still building and decorating the sets?

Random question just out of curiosity. It's July 1st we are 67 days away from the first night of HHN. How far along are the builds for the 10 houses? Are some 100% finished... are some 0% finished? are all of them like 50% finished? How does this usually go? How close until the event starts are they still building and decorating the sets?

I believe comments were made by Charles Gray or Blake on the fact that Yeti was I believe in scenic build. So I would presume the rest of the Soundstages are as well?

If I recall correctly, they always start with the tents due to the higher heat levels in the summer.

Reactions: jrn14 and Darko
Tents and New Parade (108) are done. From my understanding, SS 25, SS 22, and half of SS 24 are anywhere between 60%-90% done. Old Parade, I think, is about 50% done. Shrek and the other half of SS 24 may still be about 30-40% done.

Wasn’t being hostile, I honestly forgot Zombie directed those films! Those reboots aren’t as memorable to me as the originals - although now that I recall them, I remember both being pretty violent.

My point is, why Zombie this year? I get Ho1TC being a house. But a whole scarezone dedicated to Rob Zombie in 2019? I don’t get it.

A few weeks back I saw Rob Zombie at a festival here in the UK, and towards the end of his set he fully played the 3 From Hell trailer. I think he will definitely have promotion for the new film in the scarezone, even if it’s just ‘wanted’ posters or something. Although I agree that a house and a zone is a lot, I presume it will all just be promotion for him!

Tents and New Parade (108) are done. From my understanding, SS 25, SS 22, and half of SS 24 are anywhere between 60%-90% done. Old Parade, I think, is about 50% done. Shrek and the other half of SS 24 may still be about 30-40% done.

Meanwhile, in Hollywood... barely a single maze has started scenic, with several at 5%.

Startling sometimes to see the vast differences in operations between the two events. Some of that is out of their control - Hollywood is more pressed for space, is in a working studio, has less money - but some of it stems from the importance the respective park leadership team's places on the event.