T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't love how it's taking forever. But really don't give a hoot til December when all the cool people visit.:grin:

In my dreams they’d put together something worthwhile for one of the closed (TL/Sindbad) or underused (Fear Factor) stadiums
That would be nice. But as we see Sindbad is still sitting there untouched so I doubt they’d get a quality show going for there by next year.

TL Theater would be better off being torn down imo.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
That would be nice. But as we see Sindbad is still sitting there untouched so I doubt they’d get a quality show going for there by next year.

TL Theater would be better off being torn down imo.
After waiting in line around the Sindbad area for Hagrid, I was able to notice how well themed that area is outside of the theater....Shame that Universal is tied up in other areas right now

Yeah and the planting in front of the Sinbad Theater is just amazing.

But I hope we get a rotating theater show. It doesn't need to be too crazy but I love Soldaat van Oranje (Soldier of Orange) in the Netherlands and they do a lot of cool things with a rotating theater.

If it was more like Horror Make Up and less like IJ, I'm all for it.

How they theme that to Bourne, I don't know?...
That's what I'm thinking. The big reason people went to as to why the behind-the-scenes attractions faded out was, "well, you can get all that on DVD special features." Thing is, now, who watches those? In fact, more people now stream their movies, and just the movie by itself, right? I think there'd be a lot to talk about now, in this age of filmmaking, and I'd applaud the concept even more if it could be continually tweaked to respond to new industry developments.

Reactions: therock
That's what I'm thinking. The big reason people went to as to why the behind-the-scenes attractions faded out was, "well, you can get all that on DVD special features." Thing is, now, who watches those? In fact, more people now stream their movies, and just the movie by itself, right? I think there'd be a lot to talk about now, in this age of filmmaking, and I'd applaud the concept even more if it could be continually tweaked to respond to new industry developments.

I used to binge all of the special effects like they were candy, but that was also back when most things were still practical and CGI was used to compliment/pull off the impossible, rather than handle everything. I still like watching behind the scenes stuff, but at this point I've seen enough to be able to figure out how they did it all without burning any more time.

I used to binge all of the special effects like they were candy, but that was also back when most things were still practical and CGI was used to compliment/pull off the impossible, rather than handle everything. I still like watching behind the scenes stuff, but at this point I've seen enough to be able to figure out how they did it all without burning any more time.
I still do binge the extras, but only on Action movies really. John Wick is an example of a movie that has great extras.

The worst thing about the 'how they did it' attractions/shows is that they have very poor repeat appeal. That's a big minus to season pass holders, locals, and frequent tourist visitors.
I disagree. If they were done with the care that Horror Makeup is handled with, then an attraction like that could still work. Part of the rewatch allure for that show for locals and passholders is seeing the same people playing different characters and seeing the ad libs they try and squeeze in.

While I still don't entirely buy that Bourne will be like this, I think it'll be a little harder to maintain that kind of loose and fun feel with a stage show featuring pyro and simulated gunfire.

Part of the rewatch allure for that show for locals and passholders is seeing the same people playing different characters and seeing the ad libs they try and squeeze in.

Agreed. I have seen Horror Makeup every time I go, and every time it's hilarious. This last time they totally went off the rails and were struggling to keep themselves together (I forget what was said, but the "rock throwing kid" threw them off with a perfect response they kept muttering the rest of the show. Something like "I don't have any rock dirt on my hands!").

I disagree. If they were done with the care that Horror Makeup is handled with, then an attraction like that could still work. Part of the rewatch allure for that show for locals and passholders is seeing the same people playing different characters and seeing the ad libs they try and squeeze in.

While I still don't entirely buy that Bourne will be like this, I think it'll be a little harder to maintain that kind of loose and fun feel with a stage show featuring pyro and simulated gunfire.
Yes, Horror Make Up works, especially for it's genre, but it's primarily an entertainment show, even in the how they did it portions, which are done in the same entertainment vein. It doesn't get bogged into boring dialogue.And, in reality, the dialogue changes depending on the cast ad libs. It's not an action/adventure show . ... But the action/adventure genre, 'how they did it', shows suffer because they have so much talk and 'so little action', which becomes an oxymoron. If this turns out to be an action genre show, constant action is preferable to boring' how they did it' dialogue.

It's not an action/adventure show . ... But the action/adventure genre, 'how they did it', shows suffer because they have so much talk and 'so little action'
Not only that, but when you're dealing with stunts especially ones with fire and guns, everything needs to be calculated to the millisecond practically. Not much room for variability or going off script.

Horror Make Up is on its own level

The worst thing about the 'how they did it' attractions/shows is that they have very poor repeat appeal. That's a big minus to season pass holders, locals, and frequent tourist visitors.
I always though the best ever done was the original "Murder She Wrote" show. Between the multitude of possible outcomes, the unpredictable hosts (some were outright hysterical) and the guest interaction it was always worth seeing even on repeats.