Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Just curious with Rock the Universe no longer being in the way. Probably was just hopeful thinking they could do more, but remembered the parade and of course, crowd flow being issues.

Unearthed? Salt mines?

Also in terms of shows, what if they scrapped like 2 SZs in favor of a HHN parade ? That would be kind of cool. After doing MNSSHP I really found myself enjoying the halloween parade much more than any generic daytime parade.

They could just do a general Halloween decor in the zones the parade goes through and showcase icons and themes from the past and/or showcase IPs (or just universal owned properties)
Run it like 3 times a night? Idk just brainstorming at work, bored out of my mind.

As for on topic-ish... since shows were mentioned has there been any indication AoV will be back? I think they’re fantastic, but last years show was lacking. Hopefully they’ll go a little more horror and higher energy than last years theme.

Unearthed? Salt mines?

Also in terms of shows, what if they scrapped like 2 SZs in favor of a HHN parade ? That would be kind of cool. After doing MNSSHP I really found myself enjoying the halloween parade much more than any generic daytime parade.

They could just do a general Halloween decor in the zones the parade goes through and showcase icons and themes from the past and/or showcase IPs (or just universal owned properties)
Run it like 3 times a night? Idk just brainstorming at work, bored out of my mind.

As for on topic-ish... since shows were mentioned has there been any indication AoV will be back? I think they’re fantastic, but last years show was lacking. Hopefully they’ll go a little more horror and higher energy than last years theme.
I could get behind this only if the other zones made up for it. As in had significantly more detail as compensation for removing 2 zones.

They use to have the Festival of the Dead Parade back in the day.

Personally I am not a parade guy regardless.

I could get behind this only if the other zones made up for it. As in had significantly more detail as compensation for removing 2 zones.

They use to have the Festival of the Dead Parade back in the day.

Personally I am not a parade guy regardless.
I’m not necessarily a parade guy myself but they are good at keeping a large number of people out of the houses for a bit especially near the front of the park where the lines get absurd. I’d rather see the budgets condensed to something really cool in zones that sometimes feel too spread out or lacking. They could do their own “hoards” in those areas so you still have fun streetmosphere but other than the first time they did the purge and psychoscareapy, NY has been a little more miss than hit for me personally (Although I’ve only been 4 years now so it’s 50/50).

I’m not anti zone in any way I just think they need something to help balance the event.

I suck at guessing names, but am bored in the waiting room for a Dr appointment. General guesses:
  • Graveyard: Ready or Not, Here They/We Come
  • Graveyard: From Beyond
  • Graveyard: Resurrection
  • Graveyard: Retribution
  • Graveyard: Vengeance
  • Graveyard: All Hallows Eve
  • Whistling Past the Graveyard

Based on the Asian myth
The traditional practice involved going to a cemetery at dusk. The salt seller then would have to stay until dawn--under no circumstances could they leave the cemetery until daybreak--if they did it meant certain death.
  • Graveyard: Salt Seller
  • Graveyard: Dusk Til Dawn
  • Graveyard: Merchant of Death
  • Graveyard: Survive The Night
  • Graveyard: Survive Until Daybreak
  • Graveyard: Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Graveyard: Electric BOOgaloo

I wonder if Graveyard will share anything in common with Winter's Night in terms of visuals and atmosphere. Like a spiritual successor. Or am I DEAD wrong. I loved Winter's Night.

I wonder if Graveyard will share anything in common with Winter's Night in terms of visuals and atmosphere. Like a spiritual successor. Or am I DEAD wrong. I loved Winter's Night.

I think naturally there will be overlap and references to Winter’s Night but I’m not expecting it to take place in Hawthorne. Wouldn’t be surprised if it takes place in Carey, Ohio either since we don’t have a house set in there this year.

Unearthed? Salt mines?

The event is just far too crowded nowadays to be able to have any sort of large parade.

The event is just far too crowded nowadays to be able to have any sort of large parade.

Crowds get bad enough during parades during regular park hours. I do not like parades.

BTW, some subtitle possibilities for Graveyard:

Graveyard: Dead Inside
Graveyard: No Safe Haven
Graveyard: End of the Line
Graveyard: The Living and the Dead

Last edited:
Well now I am more intrigued than ever. Whatever it is, there must have been a reason they chose not to replace this one. This house and the Anarch-Ade SZ are the two I wanna know most about.

Anyway y'all can let out a sigh of relief, I am taking a break from this thread for quite awhile so I won't be on here spamming this thread with post. I might check back in every few days but otherwise not participating.

Last edited:
I gotta say I’m just excited to see how Us ends up. The replacement/last minute houses always drive my curiosity more than the others so I’m curious to see how well they adapt the IP.

Also, can we just acknowledge how bonkers IP speculation has been this year? It’s so weird to think that at one point we were speculating Pumpkinhead, Hellraiser, and at least on Hollywood’s end Metallica.

I gotta say I’m just excited to see how Us ends up. The replacement/last minute houses always drive my curiosity more than the others so I’m curious to see how well they adapt the IP.

Also, can we just acknowledge how bonkers IP speculation has been this year? It’s so weird to think that at one point we were speculating Pumpkinhead, Hellraiser, and at least on Hollywood’s end Metallica.
don't forget suspiria