General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, could be a while for sure. Judging by their snapchats, they got stuck 45 minutes ago, it started moving again 10 minutes later, and then officially had to be evacuated. It was still ongoing as of 5 minutes ago. Just a fair warning.

Also, not sure how the weather is looking over there, but it's raining at my house 20 minutes away from the parks, so you may get some weather delays as well.
Oh - I knew it was a crap shoot. But I was already here and not leaving at 5 to head back to Winter Park.

Reactions: WillQ92 and Tbad556
They were shooting for 8-9 trains today, which probably explains the downtime.
Had 8 on all day today, and yesterday too. Explains all the downtime.

So, while it may look like things got better and then got worse again, reality is, they've graduated from 6 to 7 to now trying to iron out issues running 8+.

I'd say they're making good time if they're able to master 8 this week and shoot for 9 next.

9 trains is the max amount they can fit on the track with a 4 second belt time (per car), or a 36 second dispatch (two car spacing between trains), which is the shortest interval I've seen them run at with people riding so far. That gives 1400 pph.

The issue is once you get over 7 trains (amount that could fit in the stations (4) and final brake run (3)), any issue at all in load has to be resolved pretty quickly otherwise you'll end up with a cascade. Which really isn't that awful if running 9, as the last two trains just sit at the bottom of the drop track until it's clear, but when/if they get up to 12 trains with 24 second dispatches, it becomes a little more troublesome.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
9 trains is the max amount they can fit on the track with a 4 second belt time (per car), or a 36 second dispatch (two car spacing between trains), which is the shortest interval I've seen them run at with people riding so far. That gives 1400 pph.

The issue is once you get over 7 trains (amount that could fit in the stations (4) and final brake run (3)), any issue at all in load has to be resolved pretty quickly otherwise you'll end up with a cascade. Which really isn't that awful if running 9, as the last two trains just sit at the bottom of the drop track until it's clear, but when/if they get up to 12 trains with 24 second dispatches, it becomes a little more troublesome.
Around 8:30 today I was spectating and watched 2 different sets of cascades. Seems that that part is pretty much figured out. 1 train stopped after figure 8, 1 stopped after hagrid and 1 in hagrids hut. And within 10 mins they all slowly backed up and launched. Was a smooth transaction, picked right back up. Beautiful to watch.

This sounds like when they start running more trains, that if you want a smooth ride through without any stops or hold ups you have to get pretty darn lucky.

Reactions: therock and Teebin

12 seems silly to me, but what do I know

Reactions: SailwiththeTide
Hey guys, if I end up waiting a while in the Hagrid line and it ends up being evacuated, do I get any type of free express to ride something else?

Assuming they kick you out of line, then yes they will give you a one time ruby express pass which can be used once for one ride in the park (any ride except pteranodon flyers lol) including Hagrid if you so wish to try again if it reopens. If you choose Hagrid, it'll put you in the lab room which is then about a 20 minute wait if running smoothly. The passes they were giving out a few weeks ago were good until August 1st.

Reactions: therock and Teebin
Yikes... although I'm hope that pushing the envelope with the amount of trains will get us a fully operational at capacity Hagrid's asap

As someone who’s not had the chance to ride this yet, can anyone tell me how many vehicles fit in the station?

Just unsure how it works when it’s down for weather delays, as in if there are seven trains running if three sit outside etc. Thanks!