Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 402 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I gotta say I’m just excited to see how Us ends up. The replacement/last minute houses always drive my curiosity more than the others so I’m curious to see how well they adapt the IP.

Also, can we just acknowledge how bonkers IP speculation has been this year? It’s so weird to think that at one point we were speculating Pumpkinhead, Hellraiser, and at least on Hollywood’s end Metallica.

don't forget suspiria

While I like most of the IPs for this year (Ghostbusters, UM, HO1C), I would trade those 3 for Hellraiser, Suspiria, and Pumpkinhead in a nano-second.

I feel like we would probably get a Hellraiser house somewhere the down the line, I mean Clive Barker has worked with Universal before in Hollywood and he doesn't seem to have any problems, heck, I mean he could even make an original for us over here since he's done some for Hollywood, it'd be awesome to see a Clive Barker original house happen. I always wondered if we'd get something like his game Jericho.

Suspiria is so colorful and amazing, that movie should definitely be given its due as house and would love to see Pumpkinhead, I mean these three are just perfect opportunities to bring HHN, I wonder what is making em wait on making em happen, the commercial featuring these ips would be sick too, a lot of imagery they could work with.

From what I vaguely recall, didn’t Mike and the team visit Highgate Cemetery in London a year or two ago? There’s a lot of history with the cemetery, as well as connections to the occult and the “Highgate vampire”.

Assuming this is the inspiration for the graveyard house, code name salt would fit well with the occult connections of Highgate. As others have mentioned on here a circle of salt is typically used for protection when dealing with demons and spirits. Also, when first speculated there seemed to be a lot of references to kids involved in the story (either as ghost kids or playing hide and seek in the graveyard). So are we looking at some kind of demon summoning gone wrong performed by kids messing about in a graveyard?

I’m not feeling the vampire connection for this - we’ve had a lot of vampires of late and given the main “man” Dracula will be next door in UCM.

The one thing I’m struggling with was the very early comments on this house. Obviously things may have (and do) change, but a few people who heard the concept seemed a little confused about it, and said it was a bit “esoteric”. Is this still the case? If so I’m intrigued to see how that plays out.

Unearthed? Salt mines?

Also in terms of shows, what if they scrapped like 2 SZs in favor of a HHN parade ? That would be kind of cool. After doing MNSSHP I really found myself enjoying the halloween parade much more than any generic daytime parade.

They could just do a general Halloween decor in the zones the parade goes through and showcase icons and themes from the past and/or showcase IPs (or just universal owned properties)
Run it like 3 times a night? Idk just brainstorming at work, bored out of my mind.

As for on topic-ish... since shows were mentioned has there been any indication AoV will be back? I think they’re fantastic, but last years show was lacking. Hopefully they’ll go a little more horror and higher energy than last years theme.

I doubt it’s this year but a house based on the salt mines below the Great Lakes would be INTENSE.

Pumpkinhead is probably my favorite part of Spec this year. What a crazy choice that we all kinda took as fact for awhile until Blood Pit threw that cold water at our faces. :lol:

Is it possible to find out anymore of what Tooth Fairy was going to be? I remember hearing that Tooth Fairy was just a small part in a larger house theme and that the actual Fairy was going to be a huge grotesque monster or something like that.

I remember when The Twilight Zone was speculated during early speculation. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing it. Alien was also speculated too and is also my dream ip, but I don't think its ever gonna happen due to a certain mouse that owns it.

Pumpkinhead is probably my favorite part of Spec this year. What a crazy choice that we all kinda took as fact for awhile until Blood Pit threw that cold water at our faces. :lol:

Is it possible to find out anymore of what Tooth Fairy was going to be? I remember hearing that Tooth Fairy was just a small part in a larger house theme and that the actual Fairy was going to be a huge grotesque monster or something like that.

I think people have been prepared for more off-the-wall IPs. While it's a much more known property, remember how out-of-nowhere Poltergeist felt when it started being rumored last year?

Reactions: Horror Lover
I think people have been prepared for more off-the-wall IPs. While it's a much more known property, remember how out-of-nowhere Poltergeist felt when it started being rumored last year?

I was just surprised it took them this long to get to Poltergeist.. and also remember thinking to myself "In all the years of HHN fans requesting IPs to Murdy and Aiello on Twitter.. how did very few of them remember to request Poltergeist?!".. because it wasn't much of a common fan request/suggestion, even from the early years of HHN Hollywood's Twitter..