General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Delayed probably about 40 minutes into operation. Currently stuck in room with roof projections. Thankfully they turned the sound off hahaha.

You're almost there!

Could definitely see the loading station. I had just got past the stairwell with zero AC. Unfortunately I had to meet up with rest of group and was kind of counting on no delays. Ah well. Ill try again later tonight after the storms pass. If not, I’ll be back in September and hopefully they’ll have issues worked out by then.

Happy 4th, everyone! I’m not in Florida but the UOR app this morning says that Hagrid’s is open and only a 60 minute wait as of 9am EST.
Goooooo hagrid!!! Thats exiting news!!!! Can't wait to try to ride again in sept!

So at 9 we could straight "walk up" to the ride, no waiting on the fountain. 9:08 and im standing in the cavepath if you exit the room filled with eggs. And its experiencing a brief delay, so lets see how it long it takes

After 30 min delay its now 9:57 and i just entered the room with ceilingprojections. So not to bad at all

After 30 min delay its now 9:57 and i just entered the room with ceilingprojections. So not to bad at all
Were sitting ready to take off, we got pulled of the train and are waiting to get assigned to another train

Last update: walking to my car with a single pass to return, people are stuck and need to be evacuated. So bad luck for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a bad day today for Hagrids. How long does anyone think it will take to get all the kinks worked out and the ride run smooth daily? Just wondering. I would think that all new rides probably start out with issues that have to be ironed out and some will take longer than others to work out those issues.

Why don't they just stick with the number of trains they know the ride can handle during park hours? That way there aren't any 4 hour back ups in the lines.

Theres no way to test full trains and how people load and unload without guests riding. Running 12 trains empty is one thing. Running 12 where you have to account for guests getting on and off is another.

Theres no way to test full trains and how people load and unload without guests riding. Running 12 trains empty is one thing. Running 12 where you have to account for guests getting on and off is another.

I'm confused as to what the actual issues are. Are they:

1. Running 12 trains period.
2. Running 12 trains with longer stoppages for loads/off loads, therefore getting the trains out of rhythm?
3. The weight of the trains with bodies in them screws with the ride itself?

I'm just confused at this point LOL

I'm confused as to what the actual issues are. Are they:

1. Running 12 trains period.
2. Running 12 trains with longer stoppages for loads/off loads, therefore getting the trains out of rhythm?
3. The weight of the trains with bodies in them screws with the ride itself?

I'm just confused at this point LOL

Probably a combination of all of them. 12, or whatever their theoretical maximum will be, probably requires pretty tight tolerances on blocks, and people getting on and off. Even at lesser numbers of trains, it probably still happens. Theres the issue with the LSM's where, depending on what the actual issue is, they either are overheating or are not firing hard enough leading to an occasional rollback. That throws the whole cycle out of whack. Could be a result of testing static loads versus live loads. A train with 1000 pounds of water dummies doesn't move like 1000 pounds of humans. That can effect things, but I really don't know how much of that is an issue here. Theres also just new equipment problems. Between trying to train people to use things, and the things being one off, never before used things, there can be problems. Best case scenario, this is all just down to training and getting everyone up to snuff on how to get people on and off quickly and how to quickly resolve problems. If its an Intamin, engineering, or design issue.... Then who knows.

Reactions: Teebin