General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Doubt that would survive in an Orlando version. Kinda like the studio tour’s Jaws scene vs Orlando. I applaud Hollywood for going for it though.

Same, I will be shocked if they go for Hollywood's level of gore with that scene (even if it is blood, something simple can go a long way).

For me, the ride feels like a great reincarnation, incorporating modern tech where needed & desired while loving and caring when they can go all practical.

Agreed, the middle feels a little dead, but everything else looks great! At its worst, it’s a great refurb: you can’t say it doesn’t feel fresh and new
Well, since the car never worked towards the end, nothing really happened in that middle part before anyway, so no real loss. I think the audio explaining how Blue got out, and seeing the I-Rex cage broken and all the scratch marks is pretty interesting at least.

Not sure how to spoiler tag or if we even need to but SPOILERS ahead!

Looks really great overall from these videos! The opening of the gates and that lagoon scene will be missed, but the screens look well done. The top of that lift hill is also amazing; the animatronics all look great and I hope they stay well maintained. It’s just so satisfying to see that second dilo snap open.

I will say that the predator area to the top of the lift hill are lackluster. There could have easily been a dilo or raptor jumpscare in the broken I-Rex pen, or at least some kind of action to replace the old jeep.

@Pk3062 also makes a good point. The leaked photos we got months back made the final fight look a lot more intense than it actually is. I would have liked to see the I-Rex move forward a bit like the charging carno in Dinosaur, but it may have been too difficult with the space they had.

Besides those gripes though it looks really great. I’m glad there are still remnants of JP for fans while introducing the new

A few weeks back there was a rumor that the I-Rex hadn’t been delivered yet. Maybe they didn’t mean the indoor I-Rex. Maybe there’s an I-Rex for the middle outdoor section that has yet to be delivered. I’m sure it’d be harder to make since it would have to work in elements. Idk. Either that or they had budget cuts. I don’t feel like they meant the middle section to be that empty in the initial designs.

My thoughts, admittedly only from watching a ride video (spoilers, if that's a thing?):

- The Mosasaurus scene is as profoundly “meh” as I was expecting. Not quite the awe-inspiring start to the attraction that the previous lagoon scene was - at least in theory, if not practice - supposed to be. And the transition from the aquarium to the exterior portion is... well, there isn’t one. We’re underwater, until suddenly we’re not.

- Between the Parasaurolophus (which looks great, by the way) and the ascent into the big showbuilding, there’s really nothing happening. The new sets are very good, and there's some surprising gore, but there’s really no replacement at all for the falling car. Just some bent bars. Would be a perfect place for some other dinosaur species to be showcased having escaped along with the Indominus.

- I don’t like that they’ve ditched John Williams for Michael Giacchino for the entire ride. Even the section where we hear the main theme from JURASSIC PARK is Giacchino’s (weak/thin-sounding) arrangement/recording for JURASSIC WORLD. Giacchino’s theme for the Indominus is effective when used, however. I just think they could have balanced that out with the (overall superior) Williams stuff.

- The final scene at the top looks TERRIFIC, and really goes a long way towards papering over what I feel is a fairly weak first half of the ride. So much stuff going on up there, complete with some fantastic-looking animatronics.

Ultimately, I hope this specific version of the ride does not come to Islands of Adventure. I’d be 100% in favor, however, of a hybrid version that leaves the classic River Adventure intact up until the Parasaurolophus, then switches over to what this new version has to offer, with maybe a spiced up midsection with some additional AAs. The whole ride still needs more AAs. And under those conditions, I'd be perfectly fine with Jurassic World: The Ride making the trip to Florida.

Last edited:
My thoughts, admittedly only from watching a ride video (spoilers, if that's a thing?):

- I don’t like that they’ve ditched John Williams for Michael Giacchino for the entire ride. Even the section where we hear the main theme from JURASSIC PARK is Giacchino’s (weak/thin-sounding) arrangement/recording for JURASSIC WORLD. Giacchino’s theme for the Indominous is effective when used, however. I just think they could have balanced that out with the (overall superior) Williams stuff.
This... 100% agree.

Edit: Side note, does anyone know if the 2nd I-Rex is only the head or does it consist of the entire body? The foliage makes it hard to tell...

Last edited:
Wow! It looks so amazing! I was surprised at the clever disguise for the screens, great first scene!

I actually like that they dulled the middle a bit, helps build for the amazing indoor section, and wow what a change! I can’t even imagine how it looks in real life. The lighting design, scenic design, and AAs are incredible. And will be much easier to upkeep with the majority of high tech AAs inside.