Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

The outdoor animatronics are all the same, right? Some of the movements look like they've been restored, but the Parasaurolophus still sticks out as the weakest one.

As some others have said, the old raptor area before the lift hill seems a bit empty. Hopefully there's some effects in there that aren't fully functioning in the pov videos from yesterday.

Honestly, I think it's a solid refresh. The indoor section is definitely the highlight, and it's great to see that "floating" t-rex was finally fixed. I think overall, I was expecting a little more, but it's so hard to judge these without experiencing in person.

I think this was a pretty good refurbishment, we may have hyped this up a little too much on our part in all honesty, but then again, I guess that's what we do.
The original story line of the ride was perfect and immersive. Things go wrongs and they evacuate you through the water pumping station. I thought we were really just going to get that again but with Indominus and Blue joining the final battle. I kind of don't like the idea of going through the T-Rex paddock at the end because it doesn't really make sense to me, maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but like I said, the original story was perfect IMO.

Few criticisms and fixes that haven't been mentioned:

All the TV screens, Really lazy and weird IMO. Their placement just seems weird and unnecessary? This ride is way more character focused than the original. Kind of ironic since the characters of JP are way more iconic and likable than the JW characters. I feel like just their voices over the intercom with a panicked tone would be much more immersive. Have the rider focus on some sort of action or AA in the predator cove ( like the original). Same thing goes for the entry to the T-Rex kingdom. There are like 10 TV's (some of them are just black, maybe they're just a backup?) with Owen and one raptor. Scrap the TV's and keep the 3 raptors but give them Echo, Charlie and Delta reskins. Add some banter of Owen giving commands over the intercom and you have a much better scene IMO.

Final showroom looks great, the Blue AA is amazing as well as the Indo Rex. The timing is off though. It's missing that buildup the original has. If you watch the video the rex comes out 5-6 seconds before the drop, and then just kinda moves around. I feel like the Rex roar and drop need to happen simultaneously. This is an easy fix and would make the ride way better. In all honesty I feel like this scene might be delaying the actual opening because they want it fixed.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking, and I know the budget was probably limited, but I could have been used better or increased.

I think this was a pretty good refurbishment, we may have hyped this up a little too much on our part in all honesty, but then again, I guess that's what we do.
The original story line of the ride was perfect and immersive. Things go wrongs and they evacuate you through the water pumping station. I thought we were really just going to get that again but with Indominus and Blue joining the final battle. I kind of don't like the idea of going through the T-Rex paddock at the end because it doesn't really make sense to me, maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but like I said, the original story was perfect IMO.

Few criticisms and fixes that haven't been mentioned:

All the TV screens, Really lazy and weird IMO. Their placement just seems weird and unnecessary? This ride is way more character focused than the original. Kind of ironic since the characters of JP are way more iconic and likable than the JW characters. I feel like just their voices over the intercom with a panicked tone would be much more immersive. Have the rider focus on some sort of action or AA in the predator cove ( like the original). Same thing goes for the entry to the T-Rex kingdom. There are like 10 TV's (some of them are just black, maybe they're just a backup?) with Owen and one raptor. Scrap the TV's and keep the 3 raptors but give them Echo, Charlie and Delta reskins. Add some banter of Owen giving commands over the intercom and you have a much better scene IMO.

Final showroom looks great, the Blue AA is amazing as well as the Indo Rex. The timing is off though. It's missing that buildup the original has. If you watch the video the rex comes out 5-6 seconds before the drop, and then just kinda moves around. I feel like the Rex roar and drop need to happen simultaneously. This is an easy fix and would make the ride way better. In all honesty I feel like this scene might be delaying the actual opening because they want it fixed.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking, and I know the budget was probably limited, but I could have been used better or increased.

I think people are somewhat missing what the ride is now. It's literally the full boat ride you would get, if you were in Jurassic World, but something goes wrong Halfway through. No redirection anymore, and the TV screens are there as it was a guided tour with information provided via digital media. I love that they made the indoor section the T-Rex Kingdom.

It's cool to think they built an indoor jungle for T-Rex.

Regarding the ride videos, I will say that they don’t quite convey how impressive the mosasaurus sequence is. Keep in mind you’re looking at a screen on another screen, so you’re inevitably going to lose something in the way of resolution and frame rate. That part of the ride is extremely cool and sets a tone for the rest of the ride that just straight up didn’t exist previously. I also don’t think the videos give you a good sense of how massive the space is, and that goes for the conclusion too. They really transformed the interior, including creating room where I didn’t think it was possible for them to create room.

I still share in the complaints about the middle portion lacking something, but the parts that were most radically transformed really surpassed my expectations. Maybe the middle portions need just a little bit more work before the full launch.

The Pros
The new effects and new Anomatronics look great
I enjoy the last area being themed with Tree's and no just a metal room

The meh to bad
The Predator Cove seems way to empty compared to what we used to have (One Dinosaur eating, two dino's spitting water at you and the car crashing down, also way back in the day a funny Bad tree Joke that some Jerky McJerkface later ruined by marking all Tree's as bad)
The older Dinosaurs they reskined seem fine but wish they were upgraded to feel more real...its been over 20 years really could not have upgraded them or just got new ones that feel more alive.

My nit picks
I wish we had a Welcome to Jurassic Park Moment
Didn't they advertise the T Rex and IndomousRex were fighting? I don't see them doing that in any videos or even being close enough to do that

I'll have to ride it in person but what was my favorite ride before Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey, is now back but only in some ways better. I feel like they either ran out of time or are relying too much on the new narrative for me and not sure why this feels like One step forward and two steps back.
I don't hate it but it lost its charm and only the end scene seems to be a 100 Percent improvement over what was there before.

Didn’t the behind the scenes video show them working on a huge Indo claw? Can you see that in the ride anywhere?
Great observation. I would be surprised if the I-Rex is in its final form now. Not impressed by it at all so far. You can only see the head as its completely obscured by foliage and it really doesn't fight with the T-Rex.

I do want to mention that I know it's hard not to have initial thoughts from seeing a POV video of the ride, but after speaking with several people who've ridden it - they all have said the same thing...

While the POV captures the cool moments, it doesn't convey the ride very well; and this ride, more than most, should definitely not be judged off it.

After watching all of the available POVS so far. I think my only issue with the ride is the end of the mos tank. How it juts ends and there's a water fall immediately. I would have much preferred them to enclose the entire ride up until the stegosauruses.

Softs are happening now

I'm aware, but that doesn't mean it's going to be open every day until opening.

I do want to mention that I know it's hard not to have initial thoughts from seeing a POV video of the ride, but after speaking with several people who've ridden it - they all have said the same thing...

While the POV captures the cool moments, it doesn't convey the ride very well; and this ride, more than most, should definitely not be judged off it.
Well said. Just rode it twice and I am
Impressed. Everyone had fun and I am not noticing all the stuff everyone is nitpicking about. Again. Have fun and just enjoy the ride. Warm day out. Felt nice to get wet on the ride.