Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Basing off videos, it seems the middle part slows down the momentum of the ride. I think it really needs something where the Jeep dropped.

Otherwise, :thumbsup:

For me I think if they added another door at the end of the aquarium that would help a lot. And then where the Jeep was and the bent bars are now I think they should put a destroyed gyrosphere. And remember the indo can go camouflage/invisible in the movie so they could add a giant air blast as if she was running past you into the trex kingdom. That would provide a simple and cheap enough fix and a jump scare for that moment

For me I think if they added another door at the end of the aquarium that would help a lot. And then where the Jeep was and the bent bars are now I think they should put a destroyed gyrosphere. And remember the indo can go camouflage/invisible in the movie so they could add a giant air blast as if she was running past you into the trex kingdom. That would provide a simple and cheap enough fix and a jump scare for that moment
Moving branches in the I-Rex enclosure and a shattered gyrosphere around there would be great.

Moving branches in the I-Rex enclosure and a shattered gyrosphere around there would be great.

I mean, they still have moving branches in the Raptor enclosure... but it wouldn't make much sense in the I-Rex enclosure, as they've designed it to look like it has escaped. Maybe they could have a raptor pop out, like they got into the now empty I-Rex enclosure?

Did Dino Play soft yet?
Yes it is open
y7YJVvG.jpg

This is undoubtedly a vast improvement for the ride but I think the weaknesses of JPRA are the same in JW. The middle section is lacking dinosaurs even static Parasaurs drinking from the river or a sleeping trike or the neck of a ultrasaur craning above the tree line. Predator cove.. why not have an injured or dead Dino like the movie had? The mosasaur and the top of the lift look incredible however. Like I did not expect a full jungle makeover complete with blue literally walking around.

Easy fixes for me would be putting a garage/roll up door at the end of the mosasaur scene and adding a damaged vehicle to predator cove as many have stated.

If this is the final version it is still a huge improvement and something I look forward to being able to experience one day. It feels fresh and a little more high stakes!

Do people think Orlando will do something different or would it be more cost effective to copy Hollywood? I know they both had slightly different middle sections so I wonder if they want to keep certain elements different to dive each one it’s own personality.

So I bit the bullet and jumped into line. The queue is only 2/3 full. Either the operations are absolute crap or they’re just posting that to scare people away and it’s only about 45min-1 hour. The line is moving fairly quickly so.....

Also single rider is closed.

This is undoubtedly a vast improvement for the ride but I think the weaknesses of JPRA are the same in JW. The middle section is lacking dinosaurs even static Parasaurs drinking from the river or a sleeping trike or the neck of a ultrasaur craning above the tree line. Predator cove.. why not have an injured or dead Dino like the movie had? The mosasaur and the top of the lift look incredible however. Like I did not expect a full jungle makeover complete with blue literally walking around.

Easy fixes for me would be putting a garage/roll up door at the end of the mosasaur scene and adding a damaged vehicle to predator cove as many have stated.

If this is the final version it is still a huge improvement and something I look forward to being able to experience one day. It feels fresh and a little more high stakes!

Do people think Orlando will do something different or would it be more cost effective to copy Hollywood? I know they both had slightly different middle sections so I wonder if they want to keep certain elements different to dive each one it’s own personality.

I assume you didn’t ride it did you? Because there are dead Dino’s in the middle segment.

Screens, got rid of the industrial set pieces that set the atmosphere, less dinosaurs, T-Rex surprise ruined by drawn out roaring encounter with the I-Rex...
Thanks for the upgrade Universal, I hate it.

So I bit the bullet and jumped into line. The queue is only 2/3 full. Either the operations are absolute crap or they’re just posting that to scare people away and it’s only about 45min-1 hour. The line is moving fairly quickly so.....

Also single rider is closed.
Just got off we waited 1.5 hours. Starting at the end of the regular queue. I don’t think I they are using the extended queue.

Also there are definitely timing issues with the final drop. We waited over 2 min at the drop point and the I-rex and Blue cycled several times. The t- rex does seem to come out a little early. Still a great ride.

Just got off we waited 1.5 hours. Starting at the end of the regular queue. I don’t think I they are using the extended queue.

Also there are definitely timing issues with the final drop. We waited over 2 min at the drop point and the I-rex and Blue cycled several times. The t- rex does seem to come out a little early. Still a great ride.
Seems like the operations are slow. Usually when you stall before the drop the ride is waiting for the boat in front to clear its block section.