General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry if this is a Super Dumb Question but the ride is open and getting 3+ Plus waits.....so did extra people come in come in to ride it because the other rides are also insanely busy where would those crowds go if this ride wasn't open? Like would Transformers and rides like it just have another 30 mins added onto to their lines? Would some people just ride nothing and sit and only going on Jurassic because its new?

Just wanted to ask (also kinda insane Jurassic line is longer than Disneylands new star Wars ride)

Wow, this looks awesome. Can someone please confirm that express is available? Looking to go later in summer and definitely getting express. How long of a wait am I looking at if I go during the week with express?

Still in line. The queue videos have a good 45 mins worth of material which is actually pretty cool. Operations standpoint, They have these anoyying magnetic chains like FJ resulting in guests creating there own lines lmao

I was there today when the line stated 240 minutes. Thank God we already rode twice. But I doubt the accuracy of that number. The second time we rode, we waited 40 minutes and we were in the last 2/3 of the shaded queue line. When we looked when it said 240 minutes, the line was just entering the unshaded portion. I believe they upped the number just as Disney has done with their new ride. Have had friends there show me via pics that the app would say 90 minutes, but the line was only half full. The posted time is not always correct. I have been on Harry Potter with a 10 minute wait when the app shows 30.

Star Wars has been open for a month. JW opened today. Context...
1) Dont think Ive ever seen the ride getting over 3 hour waits
2) My guess is Jurassic will on average stay above Smugglers run this entire summer, because Disneyland seems to be dead compared to summers of the past

Wondering now why they didn’t convert that first T-Rex animatronic to an I-Rex. Unless they did and I can’t tell the difference?

Upon looking at it, it's in a sense, the first T-Rex AA..except it isn't, because the I-Rex does something interesting.

More in-part, because once the I-Rex finishes the scene with that AA, the head doesn't simply just rise vertically up like the T-Rex Head AA from the original. In-fact, it almost seemingly to me, looks like it's a curved robotic, with it then after resting in a horizontal position.

In any case, Theme Park Connect actually brought up what they heard; indicating that the I-Rex will be extending out further and further towards the T-Rex, but is seemingly on it's B-Mode for the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: BriefCasey
My thoughts, admittedly only from watching a ride video (spoilers, if that's a thing?):

- The Mosasaurus scene is as profoundly “meh” as I was expecting. Not quite the awe-inspiring start to the attraction that the previous lagoon scene was - at least in theory, if not practice - supposed to be. And the transition from the aquarium to the exterior portion is... well, there isn’t one. We’re underwater, until suddenly we’re not.

- Between the Parasaurolophus (which looks great, by the way) and the ascent into the big showbuilding, there’s really nothing happening. The new sets are very good, and there's some surprising gore, but there’s really no replacement at all for the falling car. Just some bent bars. Would be a perfect place for some other dinosaur species to be showcased having escaped along with the Indominus.

- I don’t like that they’ve ditched John Williams for Michael Giacchino for the entire ride. Even the section where we hear the main theme from JURASSIC PARK is Giacchino’s (weak/thin-sounding) arrangement/recording for JURASSIC WORLD. Giacchino’s theme for the Indominus is effective when used, however. I just think they could have balanced that out with the (overall superior) Williams stuff.

- The final scene at the top looks TERRIFIC, and really goes a long way towards papering over what I feel is a fairly weak first half of the ride. So much stuff going on up there, complete with some fantastic-looking animatronics.

Ultimately, I hope this specific version of the ride does not come to Islands of Adventure. I’d be 100% in favor, however, of a hybrid version that leaves the classic River Adventure intact up until the Parasaurolophus, then switches over to what this new version has to offer, with maybe a spiced up midsection with some additional AAs. The whole ride still needs more AAs. And under those conditions, I'd be perfectly fine with Jurassic World: The Ride making the trip to Florida.
I totally agree wtih you. I haven't ridden the thing yet but it seems like two steps forward, one step back.

Being a soft, do you think there’s still a piece they’re going to add to that area?
Pretty unlikely. Technicals are to iron out the technical details, not to add complete animatronics. Adding animatronics is really complex, more if they are the size of dinosaurs. What you see is what you get in terms of AAs (not talking about motion or anything else)

It's literally be technical rehearsal for 3 hours and the ride has no opening date. OF COURSE they're still working it out.
But they are not going to add AAs. Pretty much what you see is what you get. Maybe an AA not working properly that will get worked on but they will not add more AAs.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
So I haven't ridden yet, but there's things to like and things that feel a bit amiss. It's a solid upgrade, for damn sure. Blue is very impressive and that whole top of the lift is great. I can see why they probably should've had that TV kept in there at the bottom, but they may add it back soon. Completion to the 'story' would be appreciated. Really love the new queue and the area as a whole feels fresh and reinvigorated.

The Predator Cove part is way too empty compared to the old Jurassic Park Ride. They need to add some effects in there or animatronics asap

Yeah this is a serious problem, kinetics are sorely needed. Maybe the pterodactyls can twinge their wings weakly, or we can have some slightly moving, rolling objects. Something to imply that a dino had just stomped through there and we're just missing it, as if things are still stabilizing. Everything feels very static.

Looking at the mosasaurus scene, I thought the ride video was going to adjust to the daylight. The night POV showed the mosasaurus swimming in daylight.

I watched several night POVs, and it's not swimming in daylight. It's very clearly swimming under unnatural light, shining from florescent stadium high beams as seen in the movies. In between the rays you can see the darkness. It's subtle but it's 100% there.