Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

They should of added a broken or destroyed gyrosphere in the Predator cove scene. They really need to add some activity within the T-Rex and I-Rex enclosures. Maybe some moving branches? Or roars?

You know what could of been an awesome Easter egg?

They should of added the falling Jeep inside the one of the broken enclosures with the lights flickering, wheels turning, and the car alarm beeping.

I think that would of been a lot of fun and a nice nod to that former scene.

As far as Predator Cove is concerned, part of me is actually hoping there is something added in there later on; even if it is something small. It needs to be a bit more..alive, than that of what's already in there. And the sparks from the Raptor pen isn't gonna do it completely.

They should of added the falling Jeep inside the one of the broken enclosures with the lights flickering, wheels turning, and the car alarm beeping.

Unfortunately Universal is trying to keep this as modern as possible, however a broken gyrosphere would've been awesome.

Honestly my biggest complaint is lack of Mickey ears... and Predator cove of course. I wonder if the I-Rex spot was purposely left empty so they could add stuff come HHN? Long shot I know but... it would be nice

There’s still that open space of water on the left under the Predator Cove sign. Maybe something’s still going there. Or, could be added there after the complaints for that section.

Upon looking at it, it's in a sense, the first T-Rex AA..except it isn't, because the I-Rex does something interesting.

More in-part, because once the I-Rex finishes the scene with that AA, the head doesn't simply just rise vertically up like the T-Rex Head AA from the original. In-fact, it almost seemingly to me, looks like it's a curved robotic, with it then after resting in a horizontal position.

In any case, Theme Park Connect actually brought up what they heard; indicating that the I-Rex will be extending out further and further towards the T-Rex, but is seemingly on it's B-Mode for the moment.
Sorry, not quite following you.

***Spoilers just in case****

The big dinosaur head that comes down before the finale was (and I think still is) the T-Rex. I kinda thought putting the I-Rex there makes more sense, since it’s the I-Rex that’s “hunting” us, and then Blue and the T. Rex fight it off. Unless it has been converted to the the I-Rex and I’m just not recognizing it? I’m not referring to the finale or any of those AAs at all here, I’m referring to the big head that comes down prior to the finale.

The big dinosaur head that comes down before the finale was (and I think still is) the T-Rex. I kinda thought putting the I-Rex there makes more sense, since it’s the I-Rex that’s “hunting” us, and then Blue and the T. Rex fight it off. Unless it has been converted to the the I-Rex and I’m just not recognizing it? I’m not referring to the finale or any of those AAs at all here, I’m referring to the big head that comes down prior to the finale.

I was referring to the AA before guests see the rotating Blue AA,
upload_2019-7-5_16-26-49.png

You can tell it's the Indo, because of the horns on the top of the head.

There’s still that open space of water on the left under the Predator Cove sign. Maybe something’s still going there. Or, could be added there after the complaints for that section.

They could’ve added another underwater Dino in that spot. Would of been a nice surprise. I think Uni wanted to have as little dinos outside as possible. They wanted to compact all the dinos in the finale for a big ending.

Personally, I think it does work but the Predator cove needs at least some activity. It doesn’t even have to be Dino related. Like I said earlier, even some roars would of done wonders.

I was referring to the AA before guests see the rotating Blue AA,

You can tell it's the Indo, because of the horns on the top of the head.
Ah yeah, that’s the first time I’ve recognized it as the Indo. During the ride, it seemed like it was just the T-Rex still, and then every ride video I couldn’t tell one way or the other. But I can see the horn there, as you point out. I’ll have to pay closer attention next time I ride.

I saw the vids already. Some observations (yes, I am aware I haven't been on the ride, but I do believe I can talk of what I see)
The Mosasaurus Scene.- It is very underwhelming. We traded an open scene with 4 AAs for screens and a transition that doesn't make sense. The scene doesn't really add much, it's just screens. There was speculation of maybe an effect that would rock the boat or take it off course, but it was unfounded (it seems to have a vibrating effect like the one that is on the Parasaurolophus scene) and (shocking) some water spraying to guests, an effect that has never been seen at any Universal Ride. I really expected more but they just added screens.

The scene after the cave. They do look like the same AAs just reskined. Not going to die on a hill over that, but I am pretty sure they got a reskin and maintenance and just that. I believe someone said that those AAs were not moved at all.

Predator Cove.- The biggest issue on the whole ride is this part. There is absolutely nothing to get excited about in this part. They removed the Explorer scene, one scene that had an Explorer falling off!! Granted, it hadn't been working for quite some time, but the answer was not to remove it but to fix it. Or at least change it for any other gag, but nothing. They added a fence with foliage inside and that's it. They removed the boat with the Dilo as well (that might come back, but I doubt it). It's like 1/4 of the total ride and it has absolutely nothing. No AAs, no gags, nothing. This is really a bummer

The showbuilding scene.- They got some of the AAs that were outside and brought them in. The lift hill got screens and moved the raptors AAs. The only thing that improved was the scene before the drop. It does look cool and they added the Indominous Rex AA so that is a plus, but with everything on this ride, two steps forward, one step back. They removed the waterfall. That was the feature that stood out because people weren't expecting for the waterfall to split and to reveal a full size T Rex. It was an awesome reveal and a huge surprise for first time riders. You could hear gasps and people screaming out of surprise. Some people were in awe, now we get and ending like the one in Florida that you can see the T Rex from far away, spoiling the surprise.

All in all I truly wanted this ride to be a hit. Many speculated about new AAs and that the ride would change a lot. It did change a lot, but it seems they moved the AAs indoors and left huge portions empty. Some people cut Universal a lot of slack (look what they did with the budget they had. Maybe some AAs are missing) and they shouldn't. It's not a new business from a friend that needs to be cut some slack. This Universal, a multibillion company that is in the theme park business. They should go all in. If there wasn't enough budget, then just give the old classic attraction the big refurbishment it sorely needed.
Universal Creative is really inconsistent. They hit the ball out of the park with some rides (Hagrid's, Forbidden Journey) and they drop the ball big with others (Fast and Furious and Kong in Florida). This is not an upgrade, it's more of a letdown. Yes, the ride was in a sorrowful state but it didn't have to be changed in this way. They could restore it and put serious money to make it as impressive as when it first opened.
Don't get me wrong, they poured money into this and the surrounding area looks pretty good, but the ride seems a bit disappointing.

^ Your critiques of the ride is the first I wholeheartedly agree with yet for some reason i still think it's an upgrade for the better. I'm holding out to hope that the ride isn't truly done, but we'll see...

Ending is the best part of the ride wow. Legit fun. Its the same jp ride before that bassiclly so its an improvement!

Cant wait to experience it. I would agree that the first screens-even if I'm judging through a video provided online, look pretty beautiful. Such a great surprise and upgrade, after the 'teaser' commercial from a few months back. Looking forward to experiencing it at night/after dark as well, to see if the promised effects are just as impressive.