Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

So we’re about 9 weeks away until opening night. Universal usually announces everything 2-3 weeks before the event starts. So far we have 5 houses, 5 Scarezones, and a show left to be announced. If they decide to announce the scare zones and show like last year, then that means that we have 7 more announcements. So what you guys think? Are we going to get an announcement weekly or multiple a week?

I mean we could take the show off the table because we know Academy will be returning to the event again this year whereas the other announcements, going by how they did last year they released one house this month and August they released everything else pretty much which makes me wonder if they are going to do that Q&A video like last year where they sneak peeked the merch and more insight on the houses and then released the last original house like that how they did with Scary Tales last year. So to me, it feels like they are intentionally maybe waiting for August to come to put out the rest of the stuff and just continue to promote the event up until opening night.

Last edited:
Actually we don’t. I can name countless time we thought something was happening but it didn’t.
I was thinking the same thing. Planned on quoting this response once the announcement did come. For some reason, I don't think AoV is coming THIS YEAR. Will it return? Absolutely! This year? Not so sure. I have vibes that we will get a show far more geared towards acting. Especially considering some of the casting calls looking for people to act on stage.

Plus, Pharside (one of the AoV creators) is in Japan. I believe Phoenix is still in the US though.
Yes Phoenix was just in Las Vegas while he was in Japan, & with them prolly coming back I would love for them to do their Dracula The Blood God show, could maybe mix in some way something towards the Classic Monsters if they were able to do that. Also, their past show Haunt of The Titanic was amazing, and they could have both Pharside do his part, and Phoenix tore it up in her part. Plus there is some great music in both of those shows that I could see a lot of interaction with guest, which they love to do.
I am a proud Vayne Villain

Academy of Villains - Beetlejuice

In all seriousness, I would kill for a Beetlejuice show.
I could see them doing something like that with Beetlejuice & AOV.
AOV did work with Elvira at KSF a few years back in one of her production shows. Although, just my thought if AOV is coming back, I bet they would get to do one of their shows like CYBERPUNK, Pharside & Phoenix are very talented and creative with what they come up with for their shows. Especially with makeup in AOV, down to the music and how sets and lights work. Check out their show from VIBE with Haunting of The Titanic.
Plus, I believe from what GSATs said AOV got really good GSATs from last year, so probably get your Villain merchandise ready. They kept running out of shirts last year. So, I am sure they see that as a plus they can sell AOV merch.

Would finding a way to play F Tha Police be considered a logistical issue? :) That would be the only part of an Us house that would interest me.

Of all the Blumhouse properties out there, Us would be the one I would be most okay with. Just be glad it's not HDD2U, ToD, Unfriended or The Eight Hundred Millionth Purge. :)

“Someone on Facebook I will state, did post a casting notice which seemed to have a particular focus on casting "youthful" African Americans.”

That’s for the new scare zone.

Jackson Five: ABC’s of Horror

"Won't you please let me...back in your heart?"

I'm gonna start wearing my Jaws shirt to HHN. Love the shirt but keep forgetting to wear it to HHN.

I would wear my It shirt one of the nights, but it's long sleeve and...well Florida.

I have a vintage yellow Jaws shirt from the 1970s that I found in a thrift shop. Wore it to my first HHN audition and got cast :grin:.

I have a vintage yellow Jaws shirt from the 1970s that I found in a thrift shop. Wore it to my first HHN audition and got cast :grin:.
It's amazing the pieces of history you can find at thrift stores for dirt cheap. I usually go to a thrift store every once in a while with the hope I will find things like that.

I'm gonna start wearing my Jaws shirt to HHN. Love the shirt but keep forgetting to wear it to HHN.

I would wear my It shirt one of the nights, but it's long sleeve and...well Florida.

I got the new JAWS funko shirt. I’m thinking I’ll wear that one night lol Along with my Freddy vs Jason, Evil Dead 2 ,last years HHN, my HHN Michael Myers shirt, etc. And yes, I’m just bragging about my awesome pop culture taste haha

I got the new JAWS funko shirt. I’m thinking I’ll wear that one night lol Along with my Freddy vs Jason, Evil Dead 2 ,last years HHN, my HHN Michael Myers shirt, etc. And yes, I’m just bragging about my awesome pop culture taste haha
I kept seeing that Funko Jaws shirt and loved the design. Every time I passed it, I held my wallet close to me going, "I don't need it, I don't need it. I definitely don't need it."