General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm just glad discussion on the ride is very open minded and despite disagreements on here there isn't a true factor of "we have to agree one way and if we don't were stupid" that I noticed on another particular site. So kudos to everyone on here.

I read the comments from that site too. One user suggested that they were in favor of some of the changes and the head moderator essentially gaslighted them, saying that they question the opinion of anyone who preferred screens to physical sets.

That site is a :x:hole.

So people have been wondering about why mosasaur tank looks like crap on film. People forget that most computer screens cap at 60fps . That mosasaur screen probably projects much higher, my guess is it runs at 240fps based on the choppiness compared to seeing it in person.

So people have been wondering about why mosasaur tank looks like crap on film. People forget that most computer screens cap at 60fps . That mosasaur screen probably projects much higher, my guess is it runs at 240fps based on the choppiness compared to seeing it in person.
I actually like the aquarium scene. I think it adds a different kind of wonderment that wasn’t in the last version of the ride. However, I feel like they messed up on the proportion of the tank. We, as riders, see both the beginning AND end of the tank which can only be about MAYBE 30 yards? I feel like if they continued the tank to the cave there could be more plausible deniability that the tank is the actual size they’re trying to convey. It’s a super nitpick but I feel like that exposed area after the tank and before the cave exacerbates this problem, given there’s nothing to look at.

I'm still beyond happy.
  • Is it perfect? (yet) - no, but it's a much more complete land than ever before
  • Is it a great refresh? - yes, and making the big show building T rex kingdom is both a fantastic surprise and a genius idea.
The one really clear thing from all the videos (even the crappy ones) is that the people riding this are loving it.

I'm still beyond happy.
  • Is it perfect? (yet) - no, but it's a much more complete land than ever before
  • Is it a great refresh? - yes, and making the big show building T rex kingdom is both a fantastic surprise and a genius idea.
The one really clear thing from all the videos (even the crappy ones) is that the people riding this are loving it.

I don’t doubt it looks fun, it’s just the original ride that opened in 1996 set such high expectations and frankly it should have as it’s the most expensive theme park ride ever built. So I think where people’s complaints are comparing this to a great classic (yes I know it was a shell of itself in recent years) so it has a lot to live up to. If this ride opened as new ride it would be considered pretty great. It’s because it’s got a direct comparison of what was there before it. I think a lot of people like myself will also miss the classic JP theme and don’t like the JW theme as much.

Reactions: smoaT
From the side by side comparisons, seems like ride current moves a little slower than it used to. Making the ride around 20 seconds longer than before. And no I’m not just talking about delays at the top of the lift. The side by sides get out of sync by the end of the mosasaur tank, so seems slower throughout.

Likely intentional? Like when they added time to every Spider-Man scene... but definitely decreases the capacity a teensy bit.

(Disclaimer: I’m not staying this as a response to why lines are long, more like an interesting observation.)

I don’t doubt it looks fun, it’s just the original ride that opened in 1996 set such high expectations and frankly it should have as it’s the most expensive theme park ride ever built. So I think where people’s complaints are comparing this to a great classic (yes I know it was a shell of itself in recent years) so it has a lot to live up to. If this ride opened as new ride it would be considered pretty great. It’s because it’s got a direct comparison of what was there before it. I think a lot of people like myself will also miss the classic JP theme and don’t like the JW theme as much.
I also think that, because the ride was in such a bad state after 20+ years of haphazard maintenance, ANY whole scale update would be well received.

Reactions: Clive and Alicia
Just to add, this is a ride that has an hourly capacity of around 2500-3000 pph and it hit a 4 hour wait time?!? Absolute win for USH by the looks of it!

The wait time is highly inflated. It is more like 1.5 to 2 hours. I just did single rider in 10 min. Operations are still slow as new people are getting used to sorting. It may get busier later in the day but I think Universal is being conservative during technical rehearsals.

USH doesn't have that many rides. So of course a brand new shiny attraction(in name only) is going to draw attention. Besides I think the general public and the theme park community had pretty big expectations for this ride. I keep repeating myself but if they can just update the Predator Cove I would put it on par with JP. I think the beginning and the finale of this attraction is phenomenal. That middle section is what makes JP just a bit more exciting for me.

I feel like the side by side also confirms our thoughts on lack of action that is present throughout the majority of this ride.."cove" specifically.

The old cove has a gag or a dino to look at around almost every turn. This ride is all set pieces without a dinosaur from the moment you enter the cove until you hit the raptor lunging from the ceiling at the top of the lift.

This comes out to be about a minute and a half of ride time (No joke on that time, literally) in-between animatronics with nothing filling the way outside of theming and some tv's on the lift.

Yeah, You know what, I thought there'd be much more different. Tank scene looks great. The sets look kind of tacked on in some places.

There should've been a much higher budget for this refresh.