Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 623 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they do decide to switch, it will probably be a similar timeframe, month wise. Universal tends to close rides in September once the busy summer season is out the way and it needs JPRA for the heat.

Having the redo open in July though means really stretching the coaster construction if they plan on opening both at the same time.

Coaster is opening early 2021, no stretching.

A 10 month refund and brand new, what seems to be highly themed coaster with show scenes and complete retheme of the land should not be too surprising for it to open in April 2021. Theres only so many construction workers, plus their new theme park, and other projects at the current resort.

So do we think universal will listen to what people don’t like about the JW ride in Hollywood and try and improve those for Orlando or will they just do a clone? You’d have to think after the Fast & Furious disaster they will not make that mistake again. Let’s hope.

Reactions: Scott W.
So do we think universal will listen to what people don’t like about the JW ride in Hollywood and try and improve those for Orlando or will they just do a clone? You’d have to think after the Fast & Furious disaster they will not make that mistake again. Let’s hope.

I expect a "clone" with modifications and changes to fit Orlando's version. Orlando is a bit bigger so they have a bit more room to do stuff.

The problem with F&F is not that it's a clone, but that it is a bad clone.

Reactions: truejonas
I expect a "clone" with modifications and changes to fit Orlando's version. Orlando is a bit bigger so they have a bit more room to do stuff.

The problem with F&F is not that it's a clone, but that it is a bad clone.
Yea, Orlando's has always has some big differences. No second ultrasaur, no outside dilos, very different raptor pen area, crate instead of Jeep, dumb slashes instead of first Rex head, etc.

I’d be excited to see how a JW re-do would be here.

Reactions: Andysol and therock
Yea, Orlando's has always has some big differences. No second ultrasaur, no outside dilos, very different raptor pen area, crate instead of Jeep, dumb slashes instead of first Rex head, etc.

I’d be excited to see how a JW re-do would be here.
Wasn’t the slash added after JP 3 and before it was nothing?

Reactions: Andysol
I think there's a way to take a "best of both worlds" approach. I would hope so, anyway. Give River Adventure's first half a refresh with new/refurbished/additional AAs, transition into a Predator Cove area that actually, you know, has some predators that we can see (how about a Baryonyx peering out of the jungle paddock, for example?), in addition to establishing that the Indominus has escaped, and the culminate with the new finale from Hollywood.

I really don't want the aquarium conceit to transfer over, personally. Though I'm sure that's the element that is probably most likely to happen if JW comes to Islands. You're basically just left with 3 animatronic dinosaurs in the whole ride until the ascent, and I think there needs to be more.

Yeah I would love for us to keep the AA’s we have In the beginning and also add the aquarium sequence. So pretty much what Hollywood got but with more AA’s. That would be perfect. Also I’m pretty shocked that Universal hasn’t jumped at the opportunity of making the ball shaped vehicle ride that’s in the movies a real thing. That vehicle in a dark ride concept would be straight Fire.

The new Universal motto seems to be making everything the best they can and never having a repeat of F&F again.

If they bring it to Orlando and I hope they do, I'm thinking it's going to be fantastic and I'm equally as excited if go the whole hog with Isla Nubar, the dinos and general upgrade aesthetics.

I'd say JW will almost definitely make it's way over to Florida now.

One thing I do think/hope will be different is that the aquarium scene will happen further into the ride, maybe just before predator cove.

They certainly have a very good base from Hollywood to work with.

Obviously if they do JW in Orlando and refurbish the ride, they can def add in more stuff.
Definitely a wrecked Gyrosphere near predator cove.
Maybe a small facade of the Innovation Center off behind some trees with fog coming out of it?
Someone earlier suggested an effect that moves a bunch of trees like the I Rex is hiding within them.
That'd be nice!

After looking around, the only number I'm coming up with is 1900 ft. I'm guessing this is for all the versions of the ride

I could have sworn Orlando was bigger

Either way, I could see Orlando adding in something before the lift hill

While I think the aquarium scene is cool, I don't like that it replaced the iconic gate and the ultrasoar from the old ride. I know someone mentioned that it keeps you from seeing the parking garage (I guess you could see it before), so maybe that was the reason it went there? For the Orlando version, if a hypothetical Jurassic World upgrade were to include a similar scene, hopefully it would be moved somewhere like Hadrosaur Cove.

Things I’d change in Jurassic World when bringing to Orlando:

-Leave our ultrasaur Lagoon. Just update the AA’s. We don’t have the horrible sight line issues like Hollywood had.

-Put the mosasaur in Predator Cove, have it in the straightaway before you go up the lift hill into the T-Rex area. Would make more sense when the mosasaur breaks the glass. Would have to be smaller but would go along with the story better.

-Leave our ultrasaur Lagoon. Just update the AA’s. We don’t have the horrible sight line issues like Hollywood had.

-Put the mosasaur in Predator Cove, have it in the straightaway before you go up the lift hill into the T-Rex area. Would make more sense when the mosasaur breaks the glass. Would have to be smaller but would go along with the story better.

Thought about this too. Would also make the lift hill make more sense we are traveling up out of the aquarium

Bonus idea: add glass greenhouse dome over ultrasaur lagoon to protect it from the elements. Wish Hollywood went this route

This could fix the boring section, and you could potentially do half of it.

The Ultrasaurs need to be re-profiled so that they have more life in them....Also, I'd like to see another one.

Bonus idea: add glass greenhouse dome over ultrasaur lagoon to protect it from the elements. Wish Hollywood went this route

I could be wrong, but I believe some of the very early ride concepts involved having a canopy of sorts over the lagoon. I don't know how logistically/monetarily feasible it would be, though.

The Ultrasaurs need to be re-profiled so that they have more life in them....Also, I'd like to see another one.

Any additional dinosaurs in that lagoon area would be welcome.

Some Pachycephalosaurs or Stygimolochs along the banks would be neat, for instance. A Stygi got a spotlight scene in FALLEN KINGDOM, after all...

Reactions: Mike S
The more I watch the JW Hollywood version the more I am finding a common theme.

Do we do a bunch of simple moving animatronics that can be easily fixed, or do we do less animatronics, that are more complicated?

I think, in an effort to make the ride more efficient and at the same more impressive, they chose to take the second route.

Think about it, what's the last thing you see before the drop? A walking raptor, two impressive Indo animatronics, T-Rex, and the two of the venom spitting ones (Wayneknightosaurus I think they're called).

In other words, the most memorable part of the ride is at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.