Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I kept seeing that Funko Jaws shirt and loved the design. Every time I passed it, I held my wallet close to me going, "I don't need it, I don't need it. I definitely don't need it."

Lmao yeah my shirt came with the Target Jaws pop. Anyways to turn the subject back to HHN. Has Universal ever planned on doing an Annabelle house?..I’m hearing the new movie was great and would be a perfect HHN house.

Lmao yeah my shirt came with the Target Jaws pop. Anyways to turn the subject back to HHN. Has Universal ever planned on doing an Annabelle house?..I’m hearing the new movie was great and would be a great HHN house.
Oh, I loved the look of that POP. The blood around the mouth was a lovely touch.

Last edited:
Lmao yeah my shirt came with the Target Jaws pop. Anyways to turn the subject back to HHN. Has Universal ever planned on doing an Annabelle house?..I’m hearing the new movie was great and would be a perfect HHN house.
The only thing that worries about that is if it would look weird with a bunch of grown adults dressed as Annabell. I mean unlike reagan there aren’t many people the size of a doll as big as Annabell.

They had The Conjuring in HHN27 but lost the rights because of the ongoing lawsuit, the house was already built so they retrofitted it into Hive. It was based off of 1&2 but there would’ve likely been references to Annabelle.

So we can assume a potential annoucement next week then I suppose. More than likely gonna start doing them at least once a week. Then again this is Universal we are talking about.

Recently saw the Beetlejuice musical, why can't BJ come back for the event? He is literally the perfect for an HHN show, more than Bill and Ted and pretty sure Universal has half the rights for the property that is rather easy to obtain. It can also be a synergy show for the musical itself.

I imagine they would have to run any new show past the copyright holder, but given the long-awaited sequel seems trapped in development hell, I imagine it would be largely a formality. Especially if they get a cut of any merchandise sold.

The problem would be writing an interesting new BJ show. HHN has tried many. many times to come up with a new show. Very few have gained any sort of traction. Theme park shows are an art few are good at, you can't just throw something together. Also, Legal has said no more pop culture parody, which is the most obvious route for a BJ show.

we gotta find a new acronym.
The cartoon literally referred to him as "BJ," a nickname equivalent to "Billy Joe." So, that acronym has established - near canonical - precedent.

That said, and within the context of the character, "BJ" is a more immediately recognizable acronym than "BG" would be. Changing it because of discomfort with OTHER acronyms makes it more complicated for no reason. Theme parks already have MILF (Monsters Inc Laugh Floor) and ASS (Alien Saucer Spin) as acronyms. We can deal with BJ.

Besides, all this ignores the fact his name is one word, so an acronym isn't necessary in the first place.

The problem would be writing an interesting new BJ show. HHN has tried many. many times to come up with a new show. Very few have gained any sort of traction. Theme park shows are an art few are good at, you can't just throw something together. Also, Legal has said no more pop culture parody, which is the most obvious route for a BJ show.

I would wager with BJ..perhaps as someone mentioned, more to the likings of Elvira than that of a Bill and Ted? They could easily dodge the Pop Culture satire, in favor of Beetlejuice hosting a show revolving on him finding the best acts of spirits; within his own madhouse. It could even be a way to bring back the Academy of Villains for a bit-moment of the show, just like when they were in Elvira at Knotts.

A mixture of stage magic, dark humor, and dancing. Combine it in a way with the style of HHN (while still playing safe to accomodate multiple audiences as opposed to a niche), and it could be something that'd be a high rated addition to the lineup.

Last edited:
Guess I just always prefered the original spelling of Betelgeuse.

I can only hope that we'll get more than one show at HHN30.

I imagine they would have to run any new show past the copyright holder, but given the long-awaited sequel seems trapped in development hell, I imagine it would be largely a formality. Especially if they get a cut of any merchandise sold.

Have we determined legal said that or was it our speculation?

If a two hour musical show that didn't rely on pop-culture jokes can be achieved, a serviceable forty minute theme park show can be absolutely made. Perhaps how beetlejuice creates chaos in the netherworld or a second haunting attempt at the maitland.Giant sandworm puppets, Shrunken Heads, raunchy jokes, cmon Universal this is the property for a show.
we gotta find a new acronym.
There were like two or three jokes during the musical regarding his acronym, its self-aware.