Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Just saw it.
source.gif

The whole thing looks great (obviously not that different than the reveal video: but the Yoshi ride and the full DK area are what we haven't had a good look at yet).

My, again complaint: Why did they wait on building out the full thing in Japan? I want some banana milkshakes please.

Im envisioning just how high that 2nd level is going to be from ground level. This is going to be amazing!! Dk looks insane i cant wait for the other worlds!

Omg the food

I'm confused, is the DK area for the 4th Universal park in Orlando?

This was originally planned for USF. It'll probably be in Fantastic Worlds, yes, but this model is three years old. Things might have changed.

Speaking of DK, I noticed that the playground seen in the concept art is nowhere to be found on the model. Weird.

This was originally planned for USF. It'll probably be in Fantastic Worlds, yes, but this model is three years old. Things might have changed.

Speaking of DK, I noticed that the playground seen in the concept art is nowhere to be found on the model. Weird.
The playground was not in the actual build plans, only in the early pitch concept... however, there was space that was being allocated for later expansion that likely would've been for a play area to to the right of the DK land.

I mean, no? Its a large company with many designers, project managers, and more. It's like saying you can't imagine the same people who brought us Dinorama created Carsland. Or the same people who created new Fantasmic at DLR also created RoL.

Fair, but all got approved by the same people didn't they? In the case of Universal? I understand budgets and all aren't the same, but its interesting how inspiring the company can be and how uninspiring they can be in such a short span.

That model is amazing. Imagine the Studios we have now, only with that.

Anyway, I hope moving to the new park doesn’t cost us the density we see in the model, especially the multi-level concept.

Anyway, I hope moving to the new park doesn’t cost us the density we see in the model, especially the multi-level concept.

I think Donkey Kong could use more area to breath. As it stands it would feel VERY claustrophobic with Orlando crowds. But I agree about the Mushroom Kingdom area.

Speaking of DK. Anyone notice how the coaster as a splash down effect? Pretty cool considering the kind of concept it is