Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 562 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was just reading a Disney fan page on FB and the reaction to these photos was amazing. Star Wars could have had a real run for the money if they had built in Kid Zone and opened this summer. Oh well...the new park will just steal the thunder of something else...

Reactions: therock
I was just reading a Disney fan page on FB and the reaction to these photos was amazing. Star Wars could have had a real run for the money if they had built in Kid Zone and opened this summer. Oh well...the new park will just steal the thunder of something else...
Well, I mean, a new park is always gonna steal thunder :lol:

But, if it all looks THIS GOOD, it will really steal that thunder.

I have to admit I'm not a Nintendo person. This still looks fantastic to me. The Nintendo fans I know are drooling over it.
I mean, this is the level I was expecting based on the permits that we saw from a few years ago. Was everyone expecting it to suck? I was always expecting Potter quality.

Reactions: Mike S and Alicia
I noticed an odd detail about this model and i was wondering if anyone else spotted it. Obviously, in the model, Bowser's Castle seems to be the main entrance to the Mario Kart attraction but to the right side of the castle seems to be a secondary, less themed area with the same sign, featuring a image of Mario dressed as a mechanic.

Does anyone have any idea what that was supposed to be cause personally, i have no idea.

I noticed an odd detail about this model and i was wondering if anyone else spotted it. Obviously, in the model, Bowser's Castle seems to be the main entrance to the Mario Kart attraction but to the right side of the castle seems to be a secondary, less themed area with the same sign, featuring a image of Mario dressed as a mechanic.

Does anyone have any idea what that was supposed to be cause personally, i have no idea.
Gift shop/ride exit

Gift shop/ride exit

Alicia, thanks for posting the pics on your site! I hope the finished version captures this look and then some.

Also, I remember a few years back when there was a map there was a reference to a Luigi's Mansion area, any idea if that's still in the cards?

Alicia, thanks for posting the pics on your site! I hope the finished version captures this look and then some.

Also, I remember a few years back when there was a map there was a reference to a Luigi's Mansion area, any idea if that's still in the cards?
Not that I’ve heard as of yet.

One detail from the DK area that surprises me...Ellie the Elephant from Donkey Kong Country 3 appears to make a cameo.
latest

That's a real deep cut right there, especially since the land appears to be modeled after Retro Studio's DKC games instead of the Rare trilogy.

Reactions: Awakening
^”lol” what? It’s very obvious the land would have been a lot more complete with DK in it. The compactness may be appropriate for Singapore but this is going to have bigger public interest than Wizarding World so you’d think that it’d have a little more sprawl than the concept art leads on.

Looks awesome! Love the multi-level design. Hoping this will be the benchmark for the other FW worlds.

I also love the fact that Mario has so many great characters tied to that IP, with DK and Yoshi getting their own rides, and potentially a Luigi ride as an expansion (crossing my fingers on that!!). But it also leaves so much more Nintendo for the other parks... namely Pokemon.

^”lol” what? It’s very obvious the land would have been a lot more complete with DK in it. The compactness may be appropriate for Singapore but this is going to have bigger public interest than Wizarding World so you’d think that it’d have a little more sprawl than the concept art leads on.
For Orlando at the very least, especially since they're building it in a new park, I can guarantee they will set aside expansion space next to this land. Hollywood and Japan will have a bit more trouble finding the land for DK.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
I think thats part of the reason why they moved it to the new park and probably adding Pokemon....more areas and attractions, the crowds diversify within the area vice all being in line for Mario Kart. That said I think it looks incredible and I can't wait to see how it evolved. I do enjoy that height wise its huge and imposing.

I just hope the use extremely vibrant cartoony colors as on the model, the colors were as effervescent as I hope but then again its a model not the real thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: awhen